Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

militaries behind the back?

handsomer

Looking for advice if anyone on here recommends doing these. I started doing them standing behind the neck militaries but some dude at the gym told me that they weren't good for my shoulders, too much pressure on them. They are easy for me to do and they give me a nice burn but I don't want injuries.

yeah i would agree with that guy and even regular militaries and inclines put a tremendous amount of pressure on the shoulders. when i interviewed frank zane he mentioned that to me and it is right. we overtrain shoulders way too much as it is, you really do not and should not even target them

I do not recommend doing any exercise behind the head/neck. As mentioned already, it puts great strain on the shoulders.

First time I ever got hurt was doing standing behind the neck barbell press. I think I was about 14-15 at the time, and I remember it set me back weeks in my lifting.

And 20+ years later may very well have something to do with my shoulders needing to be babied.

Top Bottom