Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

hate to come in and jack this thread, but whats the different in floor pressing and bench pressing other then laying on the floor? Is it better to do floor presses if benching is your weak spot? :confused:

Your not hijacking at all bro.

Flat Bench- Your gross total pushing movement, this utilizes your entire body to push as much weight off your chest as possible. You are able to use leg drive and back arch to assist the push and this help from your lower body and back can account for up to 15% of the total amount of weight you can do. I found it hard to believe at first that the way my lower body was positioned played such an important role in how much weight I could move but your form really is that critical.

Lying Floor Press- This takes the stability and leg drive out of the equation making this a total upper body movement. The reason I am substituing this for the flat bench is to increase my upperbody strength, by placing all the weight on my chest and arms I get no assistance from the elastic arch in my spine or the drive from my legs. My hope is that when I return to my normal bench my upper body strength will have improved since it has been isolated.

Your not hijacking at all bro.

Flat Bench- Your gross total pushing movement, this utilizes your entire body to push as much weight off your chest as possible. You are able to use leg drive and back arch to assist the push and this help from your lower body and back can account for up to 15% of the total amount of weight you can do. I found it hard to believe at first that the way my lower body was positioned played such an important role in how much weight I could move but your form really is that critical.

Lying Floor Press- This takes the stability and leg drive out of the equation making this a total upper body movement. The reason I am substituing this for the flat bench is to increase my upperbody strength, by placing all the weight on my chest and arms I get no assistance from the elastic arch in my spine or the drive from my legs. My hope is that when I return to my normal bench my upper body strength will have improved since it has been isolated.

Ahhh thats neat. Floor presses sound really cool. I knew bench press form is really critical, but my bench has been stalled pretty heavy lately. I was going to move it down to 135 and build my way up (bench is only at 145 right now anyways). For someone who has the lankiest arms in the world, do you think floor presses would help? Or stick to bench?

btw, great job on the lifts! you into any sports?

Yeah man, it sucks, the taller you are the harder it is to bench. On the flipside the taller you are the better your deadlift will be. Squat falls in the middle although I think shorter people have a slight advantage at that also, although I could be wrong.

I dont understand what you mean by bringing down your bench to 135? You should be posting some bench press videos because form on that is also important.

I dont play any sports at the moment since hockey season is over right now, gotta hit up some cardio.

Week 10: Wendsday

Squat
1x5 170
1x5 215
1x5 255
1x5 255

Military Press
1x5 95
1x5 110
1x5 135
1x4 155

On that last rep for 5 I just couldnt get it up, so close but so far. I think it is really time for me to considering switchin programs.

Deadlifts
1x5 215
1x5 255
1x5 300
1x5 340

These were too easy, my deadlift is way ahead of my squat. I did shrugs at the top of each rep to add some trap work.

I'm looking for a new routine that is no longer focused around a single top set, I think I've gotten just about all the growth possible out of that. SDT baby.

Week 10: Wendsday

Squat
1x5 170
1x5 215
1x5 255
1x5 255

Military Press
1x5 95
1x5 110
1x5 135
1x4 155

On that last rep for 5 I just couldnt get it up, so close but so far. I think it is really time for me to considering switchin programs.

Deadlifts
1x5 215
1x5 255
1x5 300
1x5 340

These were too easy, my deadlift is way ahead of my squat. I did shrugs at the top of each rep to add some trap work.

I'm looking for a new routine that is no longer focused around a single top set, I think I've gotten just about all the growth possible out of that. SDT baby.

Wait what? Do you mean your squat is too far ahead of your deadlift? Nice work though, you're on week 10 of 5x5 so it probably is time for a switch up. I would do it for 1-2 more weeks though until you stall on one more thing.

I can lift way more with a deadlift than my squat, I am barely getting the squats up at this point while I could easily through another 20 lbs. on deadlift and still get the weight for 5.

PS where did you get a picture of my girlfriend for your avatar?

I can lift way more with a deadlift than my squat, I am barely getting the squats up at this point while I could easily through another 20 lbs. on deadlift and still get the weight for 5.

PS where did you get a picture of my girlfriend for your avatar?

Most people's deadlifts are way ahead of their squats, that is completely normal. I could pull 410x5 right now but might be able to squat 300x5 lol! Lmao why you talk that way about my girlfriend man!!!:D

T-block, tell me she is not your girlfriend shes got to be at least 20. If she is you have my props.

Yeah I'll put up some videos this weekend, however theyll be at my house since I am kind of uncomfortable with taping myself lifting in public places haha.

Top Bottom