Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Yeah man wrong word choice, I know you dont bodybuild, neither do I. I guess in the end you need to figure out what is right for you, youll still be in hella shape as an army ranger, just a different kind of shape. Its a tradeoff but if the rangers is your true calling then you'll be one tough fcker regardless.

Just chilling here at my comp, its 11:30 I have to get up tomorow for graduation rehearsal. My back is starting to get nice and sore from my deadlifts earlier today, my ass and hammies are sore from yesterday. I love lifting.

Yeah man wrong word choice, I know you dont bodybuild, neither do I. I guess in the end you need to figure out what is right for you, youll still be in hella shape as an army ranger, just a different kind of shape. Its a tradeoff but if the rangers is your true calling then you'll be one tough fcker regardless.

Just chilling here at my comp, its 11:30 I have to get up tomorow for graduation rehearsal. My back is starting to get nice and sore from my deadlifts earlier today, my ass and hammies are sore from yesterday. I love lifting.

Yeah it just pisses me off that I could bust ass in the army rangers running and pt'ing my ass off then go to a bar (as rangers are very likely to do:lmao:) and get my ass kicked by some guy that goes to the gym 3 days a week and pumps some iron:(

In all honesty though, if you did join the rangers I am sure they would show you some shit that would keep you from getting your ass beat by some random bar dude.

In all honesty though, if you did join the rangers I am sure they would show you some shit that would keep you from getting your ass beat by some random bar dude.

Yeah I hope so! I was reading a book about rangers and the guys were talking about how they would go start fights waiting for someone to say something bad about the rangers:lmao: My favorite was a bunch of pictures of guys puking during morning pt after getting drunk the night before:D

Week 9: Friday

Squat
1x5 170
1x5 208
1x5 250
1x5 290
1x3 340
1x8 250

340 was heavy but I felt like I went really low and this and my friend said they were close to ATG so I'm pretty pumped

Floor Press
1x5 135
1x3 185
1x3 205
1x1 225
1x0 265

T-Block, I saw you failed on your 255 floor press so I went into this workout wanting to at least get that :p, Its great having competetition. So I felt good after 225 and was like yeah this should be no problem I load up the bar for "255". I get the bar off the rack and immediately feel that one side is heavier than the other, I go for the weight anyways, fail miserably and get my spot to do his job. It turns out I put and extra ten on my left side, long story short I didnt get 255 after that. My shoulder is killing me right now though.

and that was it for my workout, I had no motivation to do my rows after that.

On a side-note, TBlock while I was checking out your log I saw andalites post on triple progression and read his link. That seems like the next logical step since I am coming towards the end of my 5x5 routine. So the basic concept is that every workout you either want to increase reps and/or sets and/or weights? So you can continue progressing one way or another?

Extra Work:

So i went in today to redeem myself after fcking up yesterday.

Floor Press
1x5 135
1x3 185
1x3 205
1x1 225
1x1 255
1x2 230
1x3 225
1x5 205

So 255 was a definite push but I think I could have gotten 260, however it would have been a serious stuggle, Messing up on the weights yesterday definitely played a role in me missing yesterdays max. I tried 3 reps for 230 but failed on the third so I moved down to 225. By the time I was repping 205 my upperbody was toast so I only cranked out 5.

DB chest presses

3x80 lbs. for 6

I struggled on these since I was tired from the floor press

Weighted Dips

I mainly went in today to show myself I could get the weight I missed yesterday, not my best workout but I got what I set out to do.

Week 10: Monday

Squats
1x5 170
1x5 210
1x5 260
1x5 300
1x5 340

So the last rep of 340 was tough and I sacrificed some form to get it up but I did it, its hard to believe that 300 is now a warm up for my top set when just a month ago it was my top set.

Floor Press
1x5 135
1x3 185
1x3 205
1x3 230
3x3 225
1x6 205

Moved down from 230 because the last rep was a struggle and a half, really tried to explode on 225. I can definitely tell me floor presses are getting much stronger, I cant wait to retry my flat bench.

Rows
1x5 135
1x5 165
1x5 185

I hate rows, so boring.

Did some barbell curls at the end with 95,90,85,80

Man that is the biggest bullshit ever about you getting 255x1 on floor press. Seriously complete bullshit man.....

:D Lol jk! But I'm just curious did you do them with your legs flat on the floor and full paused reps? Makes it much harder that is the way I do them. If you do them with your knees arched, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS4tTW7QNCg

It makes it quite a bit easier, and especially with no pause it is way easier.

Haha yeah man I lay my legs flat on the floor, If I didnt it'd be a waste since I am trying to isolate my upper body. I paused also, honestly though I'm 3 inches shorter than you so I have a natural mechanical advantage due to my shorter arms, whereas your deadlift is probably higher than mine in part due to you having a mechanical advantage on those being taller.

Yeah Jdid I'll be psyched to see these push me through my stall point. I just dont know how many weeks I should do before I go back.

BTW was that just a random floor press vid, or was that someone on this board? Pretty impressive.

Top Bottom