Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

I've been properly lifting( having a general idea of what I had to do right) since I was 14. I've been playing hockey at least twice a week for most of my life up until 3 months ago. I used to think I couldnt gain weight but know I realize hockey, being a rigorous conditioning workout was keeping me from gaining weight. So I guess now I am truly figuring out what my body is truly like since there are no more outside variables in my life like hockey.

Mike: For the floor presses I would definitely pause it...the goal is when you pause it you really want to explode up to build triceps power and strength, and it will really help you push through any sticking points. Definitely go paused on these, I got an amazing burn in my tris too hahah:)

Aight, so Since this is focused towards tris should I also be tucking my elbows to my side? What about my grip? I just used normal bench grip.

Aight, so Since this is focused towards tris should I also be tucking my elbows to my side? What about my grip? I just used normal bench grip.

Just use normal bench grip. The reason you tuck your elbows is to take strain off your shoulders but that is the beauty of the floor press you don't need to tuck your elbows because it is such a short range of motion. Just lower till you arms are on the floor, pause for 2 secs, then explode back up.

While pausing am I essentially just letting my arms going limp and letting the ground support the weight through my forearms and then just explode. Or should I keep tension a constant tension even when my elbows are being supported by the ground. Sorry if I'm looking into this too much.

While pausing am I essentially just letting my arms going limp and letting the ground support the weight through my forearms and then just explode. Or should I keep tension a constant tension even when my elbows are being supported by the ground. Sorry if I'm looking into this too much.

Obviously just keep enough tension to hold the weight up, but let as much off the weight go to the ground for 2 seconds, then explode up. You just want to eliminate the stretch reflex. BTW,Would you ever be down for some video lifting comps like I did with gladiator?

Sounds like a solid competition I watched a few of those, what lifts and reps do you have in mind.

Dunno but I want to see jdid vs em comp once jdid gets a camera haha! I want to see some more crazy comps on here, like first to get to 100 reps of bodyweight deadlift or some shit like that you know. Do you have any good ideas for a comp? The awesome thing is we are really close in strength right now so it would be perfect.

Haha yeah I'm into that kind of shit, 100 BW deadlifts sounds tough but doable. I'd like to vs. you in bench, deadlift, Mil. press(since you said you could do 1x5x150), and you could choose the rest. But yeah the crazier the better.

Haha yeah I'm into that kind of shit, 100 BW deadlifts sounds tough but doable. I'd like to vs. you in bench, deadlift, Mil. press(since you said you could do 1x5x150), and you could choose the rest. But yeah the crazier the better.

Yeah I was just giving an example for the 100 bw deads, you know I want to do a challenge like you said and then just a crazy one like that.

Bench
Dead
military press

sounds good! I'm going to have to add some military presses to my routine ahha cause I haven't done them in a while. I'm pretty much down for anything except squats (I just don't like doing squats that much especially not for contest) Do you have a video camera or some way of taking a video though?

Top Bottom