Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

Aright boys, another day under my belt.

Squat
1x5 151
1x5 188
1x5 225
1x5225
Really just focused on form on these.

Military press
1x5 86
1x5 103
1x5 120
1x5 137 ( Did not know how to put 2.5 lbs on, searched for ankle weights but found none so I just put extra clamps on each side to get 1137, it was a tough lift but I got it)

Deadlift
1x5 188
1x5 225
1x5 265
1x5 301
The weight had a heavy feel to it but I cranked these out with good form, easily could have done more.

That was it for today, I was a little distracted from my lifts because I am at a crossroads in my training.
I need to cut down to 180 at least and since I have always been trying to put weight on my entire life, not lose it, I'm clueless. I think I'll do some HIIT on tuesdays and thursdays from now on but I'm not looking forward to losing my strength. I read somewhere its impossible to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously so I'm a little pissed. I welcome any and all tips on how I should go about cutting down.

Did my first cardio day. I tried 15 minutes of HIIT on the rowing machine but I didnt get the fatigue I was hoping for, I did 45 seconds hard and a minute slow, I definitely got tired but I didnt get that about to puke feeling everyone raves about. So after I finished I did a 8 minute mile, now that put me in my place and showed me how hard it is to move a 190lb. slab of man beef for a mile.

Should I change my HIIT to running? Maybe sprint 300M and walk 100M? Any suggestions would be great because I really want to get used to HIIT.

Did my first cardio day. I tried 15 minutes of HIIT on the rowing machine but I didnt get the fatigue I was hoping for, I did 45 seconds hard and a minute slow, I definitely got tired but I didnt get that about to puke feeling everyone raves about. So after I finished I did a 8 minute mile, now that put me in my place and showed me how hard it is to move a 190lb. slab of man beef for a mile.

Should I change my HIIT to running? Maybe sprint 300M and walk 100M? Any suggestions would be great because I really want to get used to HIIT.

Yeah definitely change to running, remember free weight is always better than the machine same with running. If you want some really intense cardio try this:

400 m(1 lap) at a fast pace (say 1:30 or 6 minute mile)
20 pushups, 20 situps, 1:00 of flutterkicks

Now repeat that for a mile or more.

if you have access to a pullup bar add 10-20 pullups in there too

Don't any rest whatsoever!

One of the best cardios possible

if you want you could take a little rest though

I might have to take you up on that T-block. Unfortunately there arent any pull up bars lieing around the track. The push ups and stuff would count as the recovery period, right? No jogging.

I might have to take you up on that T-block. Unfortunately there arent any pull up bars lieing around the track. The push ups and stuff would count as the recovery period, right? No jogging.

You would think that the pushups and stuff would be recovery, but not true. They keep your heart rate up almost as high if done fast. I do them as fast as possible. The point is that your heart rate will stay elevated, giving you a solid cardio while you also get a good endurance workout. But most importantly, it is not nearly as boring as just running.

And seeing as this is HIIT it would be optimal for burning fat also I'm assuming/asking?

Oh I'm sure the fat would peel off lol! I am not trying to lose weight, but I puke the first time doing this:

400 m (1:30) actually faster, did like 1:18 first couple laps
50 pushups
50 situps
repeat

I got to 1.5 miles and puked all over Awesome :sick: :D

End of week six:

Squat:
1x5 151
1x5 188
1x5 226
1x5 264
1x3 310( Light headed after this one but still got pretty far down bellow parallel)

Bench:
1x5 115
1x5 144
1x5 173
1x5 202
1x3 235
1x8 173

My set of 202 was difficult which is normal for me, my work sets always seem like a struggle because I have no motivation to do them which is why 202 was hard. But when i did 235 I could crank it out cause it was a heavy weight and I had a spotter which kept me motivated.

Bent Over Rows:
1x5 82
1x5 103
1x5 123
1x5 144
1x3 168
1x8 123

Got 168 no problem

Monday- Week 6

Squat
1x5 155
1x5 195
1x5 230
1x5 270
1x5 310

Wow 310 was really hard, I struggled to get the last rep up but I still broke parrallel, hardest squat set sao far in the program.

Bench Press
1x5 120
1x5 150
1x5 180
1x5 205
1x5 235

Again.. very hard struggled on the last rep of 235.

Bent over Row
1x5 85
1x5 105
1x5 125
1x5 145
1x5 170

Form may have suffered but I still repped these out nice.

This was a tough heavy day from me, partly because I've lost roughly 5 lbs. to cardio. I wont kid myself, I think I'll miss some weights next week. My squat and bench most likely, but Ill go into it with an open mind and try to tear the weightsa apart, the bench might happen because 5 reps of 240 is a milestone for me so I'll have some adrenaline on my side.

Anyone want to tell me how I proceed if I miss the weights on a week? Do I deload just that exercise or the entire program? Should I even deload, or just switch to a different progrm and come back to a new 5x5 in a month or two?

Did some HIIT today:

2 Minutes Jog (warm up)
30 seconds sprint/30 second walk for five minutes
2 Minutes lieing oxygen deprived on the ground contemplating if I should get up and cool down with a walk, or just lay there. I laid.
So a total of 9(7) minutes, I can not be doing this right.

2 words, shin splints. Running my short stocky body around the track is doing a number on my shins I might switch to the elliptical.

Top Bottom