Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

This log isn't called "300 and Beyond" for shits and giggles. I'm hoping to get there before July for my benches I know my floor press has been helping me out alot so 300 is in the very near future.

And yeah I squat to increase my bench and deadlift, I dont really care about it too much :(.

This log isn't called "300 and Beyond" for shits and giggles. I'm hoping to get there before July for my benches I know my floor press has been helping me out alot so 300 is in the very near future.

And yeah I squat to increase my bench and deadlift, I dont really care about it too much :(.

I'm surprised man you are pretty good at squat. I seriously hate squats right now:(

The key with squat, for me at least, is to get amped. Like when I am putting up 300+(just like you) I put on some headbangin tunes, get under the bar, and think "Listen man I'm about to put 300+ lbs. on my back and squat that shit for reps son, like thats damn heavy most kids in my school cant even one rep that shit". Yeah I sound like black dude in my mind but it works, just get psyched about putting weights up that you used to dream about and you'll roll past 3 bills no problem.

Week 10: Friday

Squat:
1x5 170
1x5 210
1x5 255
1x5 300
1x3 350
1x8 255

At 350 I saw mad stars on my second rep, I tried to go ATG on it and I did. Almost blacking out felt awesome but I dont know If I can push out 2 more reps on Monday.

Floor Press
1x5 135
1x3 185
1x3 205
1x1 235
1x1 260
1x1 265
1x1 270
1x0 275
T-Block I kid you not, I did put 15lbs. on my Floor Press in 1 week, although I will admit I might have been able to do 260 last week. At 260 today it went up faster than 255 last week so I went up to 265 which was a struggle but my spotter said i could still hit more. So thanks to him I tried for 270 which I got with a little left in the tank. He said he thought I could still do more so I tried for 275, got it up halfway and had to get spotted, if I hadnt done so many sets before it I could have gotten 275 I think.

T-block you may have screwed yourself in our race to 300 by introducing me to floor presses, I'm going for 300 on Sunday I'll tape it whether I fail or get it. Lets get it son.

Week 10: Friday

Squat:
1x5 170
1x5 210
1x5 255
1x5 300
1x3 350
1x8 255

At 350 I saw mad stars on my second rep, I tried to go ATG on it and I did. Almost blacking out felt awesome but I dont know If I can push out 2 more reps on Monday.

Floor Press
1x5 135
1x3 185
1x3 205
1x1 235
1x1 260
1x1 265
1x1 270
1x0 275
T-Block I kid you not, I did put 15lbs. on my Floor Press in 1 week, although I will admit I might have been able to do 260 last week. At 260 today it went up faster than 255 last week so I went up to 265 which was a struggle but my spotter said i could still hit more. So thanks to him I tried for 270 which I got with a little left in the tank. He said he thought I could still do more so I tried for 275, got it up halfway and had to get spotted, if I hadnt done so many sets before it I could have gotten 275 I think.

T-block you may have screwed yourself in our race to 300 by introducing me to floor presses, I'm going for 300 on Sunday I'll tape it whether I fail or get it. Lets get it son.

Fuck you mike. Seriously fuck you.

jk man why the fuck did I shoe you floor presses hahahahaha! I totally believe you though, floor pressing is a new movement so I'm not surprised you gained a lot. I haven't trained much at all recently, but I'm benching today with 9-11 singles. I'll video it too. Then I'm gone Wednesday-Wednesday 16-23rd backpacking so that's gonna fuck my training again:( The part I am most pissed off at it my deadlift, I was doing great at 405x5 and now I haven't deadlifted in almost 2 weeks:( I HAVE to get more weight to do at least one session before I leave.

Yeah man I adapted really well to those, I've been doing flat bench for 9 weeks straight so obviously when I switch it up I'll get some serious gains.

I say you do a heavy workout before you head off to backpacking, this way you can be nice and sore and have your recovery during that break. Hit those deads hard and you'll be set.

Yeah man I adapted really well to those, I've been doing flat bench for 9 weeks straight so obviously when I switch it up I'll get some serious gains.

I say you do a heavy workout before you head off to backpacking, this way you can be nice and sore and have your recovery during that break. Hit those deads hard and you'll be set.

Yeah but I'm not gonna exactly call it a break haha! Here's the exact trip I am doing, it's all over 9000 feet a lot at 10,000 feet.

http://www.goldenstatephoto.com/adventure/BensonTrip

We'll be carrying 50 pounds too. These guys that did it got their asses handed to them. I'm a little worried because both me and my friend are a little out of backpacking shape, the last trip we did had a 2/5 in difficulty on the guide, this one if 5/5. Shit.....

Wow I completely misunderstood what you mean by backpacking haha, that looks like a workout in itself. good luck man looks like a great time.

Wow I completely misunderstood what you mean by backpacking haha, that looks like a workout in itself. good luck man looks like a great time.

Yeah cant wait to see the less trodden part of yosemite! Did you see that guys blister, loooked fucking painful!

Yeah he seemed to be taking it like a champ, so you think you got the cardio to go on this trip? Havn't you been skipping out on your runs :D

Top Bottom