Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer Training Principles

R

roidog420

Any of you guys ever do some of his routines? I used to train quads like him and would do this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leg Extensions--The heaviest you can go, with good form to failure + two forced reps + two negatives

*Immediately go to LEG PRESS

Leg Press--As much weight as you can do with good form to failure + two reps + two negatives

*Immediately go to SQUATS

Squats--As much weight as you can do for 6-8 reps
---------------------------------------------------------------------
THATS IT! The whole workout takes like 5 minutes, but it is the hardest 5 minutes you will ever train in your life I guarantee you. I used to have to psych myself up for like an hour before I could get around to doing it, its so brutal. The principle is to start with Extensions to isolate the muscle group, then add Leg Press, which adds the hammies & the Glutes to make the quads work harder. Then Squats, which adds yet another muscle group(low back)to make the quads work even more.

I used to do Mentzer's training for a few years with great results, it just doesn't lend itself to the sport I'm in now.

I only thought his theories applied well to a couple of muscle groups. Chest & Quads specifically. I would only use those training routines like once every 6 weeks as a system shocker, but my quads would be KILLING me the next day. I never get sore from heavy Squats(even though they are very effective for me), and this routine was great for stimulating that area.

My wo went something like this:
Leg ext
Squats

Leg curls

Chest fly
Bench Press

Straight arm pulldowns
Close grip pulldown

Bent over fly's
Shoulder press

Straight bar curl

Tri-pushdowns

The exercises listed together were the supersets, everything was to all out failure. The last rep of every squat would get dumped on the rack because I couldn't lift it back up. I really loved those workouts. Used to puke about 2x's a month.

For best results!

I get my best results doing these workouts and praise Mike and his Heavy Duty 2. It works and makes sense! If you have any questions about it, I would be more than happy to help you(got all kinds of info on it)! I do combine some other training principles to his heavy duty 2 to make it even more effective. (power factor & straight Static contraction). I put an inch on my legs doing this workout:
leg extensions to failure, then squat to failure. Take a few minutes to reach your breath and do a set of leg curls with static contractions. Oh, these workouts are fucking great on AS except I rest only 2 days between workouts, while on AS!

Top Bottom