Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which method is better when cutting...high volume\low freq or low volume\high freq

InTraining

Started cutting recently...used to a low volume\high freq program but volume has also worked well for me. I guess a big problem is how to incorporate 3 cardio sessions per week while doing a volume routine without overtraining....also reduced cals obviously don't help :p

So what has worked for you? Give me some input. Thanks

Re: Which method is better when cutting...high volume\low freq or low volume\high fre

From my understanding, over training is close to impossible obtain. Now you can 'overreach' in your training, in which you might be doing extra work than necessary to achieve maximum gains. Ive never changed up my rep range due to whether i am cutting or bulking, and i dont think just adding volume is going help you achieve a better cut or lose anymore bf than if you did low volume with heavy weight and high intensity/time under tension. Also, doing cardio 3 days per weak wouldn't wear you out any more than if you did 3 more muscle groups per week. Try going a little lighter on resistance training if you are doing cardio the same day.

just my .02

Re: Which method is better when cutting...high volume\low freq or low volume\high fre

Go high volume/low freq for a while and see what happens. Change is almost always good. Do your sets with 60 seconds in between and do your whole work out like that, you will get some cardio from just doing that. Add some cardio on top there you go.

Super over training is easy to do especially when you get older. Even world class lifters will take time off and watch for over training. This is a case were you simply can't work out around the clock and gain anything.

To me, cutting is all about dropping BF and dropping BF comes from a caloric deficit, how you get there really depends on what your overall goals are. Are you a bodybuilder prepping for a show or just a guy looking to drop some fat? Either way, if your goal is to accentuate muscle you need to get the fat off the muscle, ideally while still maintaining the muscle or ideally growing it.

For me its all about efficiency and I want strength. I could care less about size at this point in my life, im already much larger than I want to be. So for me, I wouldnt alter my weight training to try and burn fat, I would continue to try and build muscle or strength and then alter diet and cardio to get rid of the fat. The best form of cardio for fat burning is going to be high intensity interval training because it causes EPOC and an increased calorie consumption for many hours post workout. A little mid intensity duration and a little long low intensity is good to add in and can be reserved for days when you are feeling real wiped out.

Top Bottom