Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Met an old-school powerlifter late last night: info on old school d'bol use.

athlete.03

So I'm at the gym @ 1:30 a.m. It's just me and this 50 yr. old, but he's yolked and twitchy. We start talking and he mentions how he used to compete; by his frame I believe him.

I casually mention, "Yeah, a lot of guys were probably natural back then." He replies, "Maybe. I mean, I took dianabol at 5 miligrams a day for four months."

What? Strange how trends change. I wonder how d'bol will be used thirty years from now.

athlete.03 said:
So I'm at the gym @ 1:30 a.m. It's just me and this 50 yr. old, but he's yolked and twitchy. We start talking and he mentions how he used to compete; by his frame I believe him.

I casually mention, "Yeah, a lot of guys were probably natural back then." He replies, "Maybe. I mean, I took dianabol at 5 miligrams a day for four months."

What? Strange how trends change. I wonder how d'bol will be used thirty years from now.

Actually back in the day, meaning 25-40 years ago, you'd be hard pressed to find a natural BB or powerlifter. D-Bol was floating around like creatine. They all used it. Considering this guy is 50 and let's assumed that he competed when he was 25, that means that he only used 5 mgs/day in 1980? That doesn't make any sense. Guys then used a lot of drugs. I could see if it was 1960. I heard about Larry Scott using 5-10 mgs/day. But by the late '60's when Arnold came in the picture. The dosages were much higher.

I use those lugwigs(German Dbol) back then potent as hell Believe me we ran those things months at a time.

RADAR

Makavelli said:
Don't tease us Radar....what dosages?

I never went over 15mg ramping up for a week or two then down to 5.

RADAR

By that time hoping on Gene therepy...........still d-bol is great don't like the moon face but strength is cool......

but they also lived and breathed bbing not like today. These days most guys dont even keep track a running log of there workouts and try to break there records.

Makavelli said:
Actually back in the day, meaning 25-40 years ago, you'd be hard pressed to find a natural BB or powerlifter. D-Bol was floating around like creatine. They all used it. Considering this guy is 50 and let's assumed that he competed when he was 25, that means that he only used 5 mgs/day in 1980? That doesn't make any sense. Guys then used a lot of drugs. I could see if it was 1960. I heard about Larry Scott using 5-10 mgs/day. But by the late '60's when Arnold came in the picture. The dosages were much higher.

It would make sense if you met him. He was a yenta in the sense that he was eager to disclose anything about himself; but hypermoral in the sense that he worked hard to communicate his sense of "right and wrong." Seemed guilty and anxious, like he really compromised himself just to pop 5 mg./day. Full of knowlege, though.

athlete.03 said:
It would make sense if you met him. He was a yenta in the sense that he was eager to disclose anything about himself; but hypermoral in the sense that he worked hard to communicate his sense of "right and wrong." Seemed guilty and anxious, like he really compromised himself just to pop 5 mg./day. Full of knowlege, though.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that back in 1980 most guys were taking much higher dosages. But by what Radar said, I guess it's possible. I was 4 then, so I can't comment... ;)

I was good friends with an "old school" powerful that was once ranked in the top ten in the world. He told me the dosages most guys used were ridiculous. He would start about twelve weeks out from his show and use 10 syringes all filled to 3 ccs and inject them on a weekly basis. Thats 30 ccs of drugs at one time. It was overkill but the difference was, he only did about two cycles per year. Just before his meets. He competed against Dave Pasanella a few times, the guy who was killed in a car crash a few months after he squatted over a thousand pounds.

Top Bottom