Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ME low box squat vs. DE box squat

S

slobberknocker

How much lower should my ME low box squat be than DE box squat? How close to parallel should these two be?

i think you should be below parallel and with a close stance for all ME box work

I was thinking like 2" or more deeper on the ME exercise. Never done them...

B True

Vary it, gives more angles to attack. My DE box I am at parralell, most ME is -1" or so, sometimes +1 if I go with a narrow stance. I remember some ass decided to get everyone to squat off a 8" box, I could barely get to it with a narrow stance and it killed my knees.

1 inch below parallel for all DE work. For ME, you constantly vary the box height from maybe 4 inches below parallel to 6 inches above parallel. I don't do max effort box squat work that often and when I do, I typically just use a 1" below parallel box. I much prefer other max exercises like front squat, good mornings or pulls.

personally.......... my low box squat on me days, is the same height i use on speed day.

i squat off of a milk crate, its about 4 inchs below parallel. when i use bands i use 185 plus light bands, without, i use 225. i box squat on speed days with my feet wider than normal, and turned straight to completely kill my hips, its working, they are improving.

oh and i squatted 385 off that low box last week. a 20 lb pr, and i have been using the lower box for only 8 weeks inbetween the two maxes,.

X

yep, i lower my box alot on ME day now a days. anywhere from 10-13 inch box, with a shoulder width stance. with a wide stance i use a 15 inch box for DE days and thats at parrelell for me.

Top Bottom