Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

maybe a dumb question.. but what are knee wraps and belts for exactly?

Ive never used belts or wrist wraps, and at 210lbs I deadlifted 500x5. So I dont necessarily think they are crucial. Id rather have my core do the work

...and i can deadlift 405x15 @148 beltless and more recently 495x2 @160 without a belt, so correct, they are not crucial... but they do have use in maximal pulls, i cant even believe this is debatable...
the correct answer to the original question is YES, they do add to your lift and yes they do protect...

IDk why someone would wanna add to their lift unless they plan on competing?

And no I just use chalk, they work better for me than wrist wraps. Wrsit wraps tear apart my wrists haha. Ive honestly never looked into straps or belts, because I have never had to. One time on deadlift though my abs started caving inwards so i think if that ever happens again I would sue a belt lol.

I wear a belt on darn near everything and you probably will have to look hard to find someone who can out lift me over a month's worth of work that doesn't wear one.

Training without a belt isn't going to give you stronger abs or "core"...training your core will. Adding a belt isn't going to automatically add 30 pounds to your lift.

If you want to be strong...pick up heavy freaking weights with good technique, move it properly, wear whatever support gear necessary, and train your abs when you are done.

Over the last 2 years I've added about 200 pounds or more to my squat, more than 100 pounds to my deadlift, and a good 40-50 pounds on my bench press. What does wearing a belt, or other support gear DO for me? It allows me to move heavier weight week in and week out while others are having to "take a break" so that their lower back and "core" can recover. When I need stronger abs...I do my sit-ups, full ROM, with a 45 pound plate behind my head for several sets and reps...

Top Bottom