Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

maximizing excersize/sets/reps on and off gear

newpump

OK muscle gods - I have a few more (newbie) questions about maximizing my number of excersizes/sets and reps both on and off gear. Currently my routing looks like this:

+ 1 or 2 body parts per day (5 or 6 days per week so that I can do my whole body)
+ 4 or 5 excersizes per body part each day
+ 4 sets - the sets break down like this:
set 1 warm up
set 2 heavy weight
set 3 3 to 6 rep max weight
set 4 either 3 to 6 rep max weight or warm down (same as set 2) weight

+ reps look like this :
set 1 - 10 to 15 reps
set 2 - 8 to 10 reps
set 3 - 3 to 6 reps
set 4 - 3 to 6 or 10 to 15 reps (depends on max or warmdown weight)

+ this routine takes about 45 to 90 minutes - depending on the muscle group I am training (big muscle groups I rest longer in between)

Ok thats the deal. I'm not currently on gear and I've only been working out for about 11 months (and I'm 30 - so I don't have the test levels of an 18 year old anymore :p.

My 2 questions are:

1. Does this routine look good for "off gear" training
2. Should I increase anything if I can ever get a source and get "on gear"?

I have read hints all over that suggest a much heavier/longer/more "stuff" type of workout while "on gear". What are the groups thoughts?!?! Thanks again everyone (guys and gals)

Don't worry Bigger - I'll check any "sources" well before I take the plung :). Iwas born at night - just not last night :D

You should DEFINATELY up the weights, how much depends on the type of cycle. IF you are doing a bulking cycle, up the weights big time and stay with the same amount of reps with less rest between sets and workouts, since steroids decrase recovery time needed.

If you are on a cutting cycle, I would up the weights a little and go with higher reps as well. And still decrease the resting time between sets and workouts.

at 5 excerises X 4 sets each...your looking at 20 sets per bodypart. that sounds like overtraining to me. i used to do a similar routine and when i cut it down some i started gaining again. just my opinion, that sounds like too much for off-cycle training

Thanks Trial - I'll cut down to 4 exercises for 4 sets 16 total sets. I've been leveling off on growth the past month or so - maybe thats why! I just LOVE to be sore the next day so I seem to be pushing more and more... guess I have to reign myself in again and focus more on quality lifts than number of lifts :).

Top Bottom