Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maximising weight loss

I recently lost over 30 lbs and am on my way to lose about 15-20 more by continuing alternating cardio and weight training. My brother wants to lose about 30-35lbs and has recently joined a gym - but, in addition to calorie deficit, he only plans on swimming (alot of laps) and treadmill everyday - he has been doing this for about 2 weeks now with one day off a week.
Shouldn't he change it up a little, or is swimming considered a form of weight training and treadmill cardio? Shouldn't he have more rest?

As long as he continues to eat in a calorie deficit compared to the energy he spends he will continue to lose weight. His natural metabolism may start to fight him at some point and changing things up a bit can help against that, but ultimately as long as he takes in less than he puts out weight will come off. The biggest problem I personally have with that he is doing is he does nothing to help preserve muscle mass. As he looses weight his body doesn't need as much muscle mass to move it on a treadmill or in a pool. The body being very dumb believes it is starving to death. It takes more calories to preserve a pound of muscle than it does to preserve a pound of fat. Thus the very analytical body tells the metabolism to burn that pound of muscle instead of fat in order to save energy for the long haul.

I recently lost over 30 lbs and am on my way to lose about 15-20 more by continuing alternating cardio and weight training. My brother wants to lose about 30-35lbs and has recently joined a gym - but, in addition to calorie deficit, he only plans on swimming (alot of laps) and treadmill everyday - he has been doing this for about 2 weeks now with one day off a week.
Shouldn't he change it up a little, or is swimming considered a form of weight training and treadmill cardio? Shouldn't he have more rest?

swimming is a type of cardio
you gotta do actual weight training, push the weights to grow

Top Bottom