Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Max effort drop sets

I was wondering if anybody does this after max effort work.

For example:

Max effort : CLOSE GRIP 3 BOARD PRESS- work up to a max single

next set load bar to 80% of your max resp and do a set until failure for as many reps as possible.

Today I did:

135X3
185X3
225X3
275X3
315X3
365X1
405X1
420X1
335X6

HHH

I don't either - I either save my energy for assistance work, or use it up failing on a new max attempt.

btw, great numbers :)

We do it sometimes. We dont do it in a superset fashion. I will wait 3 minutes or so then go about 80 % to failure. Or at least one rep short of all out failure. I do not do forced reps. Usually just one set after a max.

I would not advocate doing it. I think you're still thinking like a bodybuilder (Sorry if I'm mistaken in that assumption). I really don't think it's necessary at all from a PL POV.

-Zulu

Yep...

I may do a couple of drop sets in the 65%-85% range. Usually I do the drop sets to failure when I fail to set an ME exercise PR. I do that shit to punish myself for being a weak-assed pussy. When I miss a PR then I can be a nasty sum-bitch.

drop set

I have attended a westside seminar and I noticed some of the guys when they were finished with there max effort work they did 1 or 2 sets with less weight in the 80-85% range. But that was a while ago.

HHH

I 'll tell you one thing as i go up in weight to get to my max, when i get it or fail, then drop to 80 % or so, and its usually a weight i did coming up, its way lighter and easier. And i go all out like screwball said to punish myself or feed my need on a strong day.

Top Bottom