Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

masive cramp training abs!

boy-nitro

hi all i need some help here! the last couple of times i trained abs they have locked up the first time was my middle right ab i locked up and wouldnt relax for a while and the last time was my left side! any help would be appreciated! cheers!

I've had that happen when training abs also. Once they start cramping, I would quit for the day and come back the next workout day and they would be fine. Maybe try stretching them. I know vitamin and/or mineral deficiencies can cause cramping.

i did abs yesterday on that ab machine, and my abs locked up super hard.

it was impossible to uncramp them cause of the way the machine is shaped/built, and was near impossible to slide out of the machine with my abs all locked up.

i chose the near impossible one

ow

what exercises are you doing? if i were you i wouldn't do them for a while if they are really hurting you.

If I cramp during normal crunches, I just keep going unless I physically cannot complete the rep. They will release. Won't feel good, but it works.

hi all i need some help here! the last couple of times i trained abs they have locked up the first time was my middle right ab i locked up and wouldnt relax for a while and the last time was my left side! any help would be appreciated! cheers!
Add Taurine to your supplementation (I take NOW Taurine caps). It definitely helped me. A calcium & magnesium supplement (like Twinlab Tri-Boron Plus) should help as well. Supplementing with potassium should also help (but don't take potassium if you're taking the calcium-magnesium supp). Also go much easier/lighter on the exercises until the cramps subside, then gradually increase the intensity and weight.

For a while, not too long ago, I was constantly cramping anytime I did ab work, but the strategy I outlined here worked and I've been doing ab work regularly with no incident of major cramping. An occasional tightness, sometimes, but nothing severe anymore.

the first time was the roman chair the second time was just normal crunches!

hmm.. if i were you i would stay away from any direct ab work for a while. and you should also contact a doctor. if it's something serious you want to know before you keep lifting

Top Bottom