Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Martial Arts & weight training

JeetKuneDo

I lift on Mon/Wed/Fri .... and i do my martial arts, for 2hours, on Mon/Tuesday/Thrusday/Friday/Sat ...... does the martial arts effect my recovery for lifting? Cheers

Yes and no depending on what martial art you're doing as well as what your goals are.

Your workout schedule is essentially no different than if you did cardio on days you're not lifting. The type of workout you mentioned is similar to that taken by someone wanting to maintain lean mass and slowly build muscle without added fat. This routine is also used by people wanting to shed lots of fat. So it will depend on what you are trying to do as to how effective it is. If you are wanting to lose weight, continue with that program. If you want to add maybe a couple of pounds of mass every several months continue with the plan. However, if you are wanting to bulk up, you'll have to cut your workout days back to two days of heavy lifting on days you don't go to the dojo.

Perhaps the best thing about your routine is that hopefully since on friday you combine martial arts and weightlifting that you are getting plenty of rest on Sunday.

If you can, I would probably go very heavy in the weightroom on the days you also do martial arts.

Just curious, what supplements are you taking?

If your taking Jeet Kune Do...chances are yes...you may be over training...not even counting the cardio....if your not trying to bulk up...youll be fine...I know when i was in martial arts we had to do alot of push ups...and after chest day...that can be to much.

www.geocities.com/supplementguide

brazilian jiu-jitsu and muay thai here, the workout are killers but i like to supplement with strenth training for the grappling. as you may or may not know, grappling is an incredible endurance activity all by itself.

Top Bottom