Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Marine needs an opinion on what supplements to use

MotivatedMarine

I am a U.S. Marine looking to increase muscle mass and and definition. I was wondering what kind of a stack anyone would suggest. I'm not too familiar with taking supplements as I have always trained without it. any help would be appreciated. thank you

Thank you for the advice. I am 170 lbs and about 69" tall. My diet is basically whatever the chow hall feeds me but its usually pretty healthy. And I eat a salad and avoid any sweets.

Well since no on else wants to chime in yet... First you are going to want a good multivitamin. I use Ruthless 3D http://www.rlssupplements.com/store/sports-nutrition/ruthless-3d-multi.html .

Protein products like Gear http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Proteins/GEAR-p36.html as directed, for post workout something like http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Proteins/Muscle-Replenisher-p31.html a good creatine like Ancient Strength http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Pre-Post-Workout-Supplements/Ancient-Strength-p61.html

Best thing to do is going to be supplementing what you aren't getting in the chowline. So basically good proteins, amino acids, and a good multiple vitamin & mineral.

Hey bro, I'm actually enlisting in the corps soon. Ironic huh lol. So I'm assuming you have a good weight training routine? It's gonna be hard to bulk up while doing all that cardio and crazy shit you guys do. I'll try to throw in some good advice though...

First off is the protein. The most basic supplement. You can get some good protein here; Whey To Build Muscle.
If you want to get a little extra boost, then grab some GEAR pills from the same site.

Another great supplement that will help you a lot and is very cost effective is creatine. You can get some creatine monohydrate for cheap at that same site. This will put on some water weight quickly, but it will also help you increase muscle endurance.

These supps in my opinion are almost necessary. They will help you a ton just by themselves. Also look into some kind of slow absorbing protein before bed. When you sleep you burn a pound every night. This will help reverse that.

If you wanted to get even more advanced, you could try a pre-workout supp like n2kts (again, from that same site). It's an awesome product and it'll get you pumped for the gym every day.

Really the simplest way to bulk up is to eat more man. What's your training routine look like? Oh and like axismundi said a good multivitamin :)

Just curious, but what's your MOS?

u might get better advice in the supps section. but for starters vitamin c every day, a good multi, protein, creatine, and most importantly a good diet. approx 40% protein %40 carbs %20 healthy fats. nothing is set in stone ever as everyone is different but that is a good general number. 50/20/30 for fatloss too, but im guessing a marine dont need that. dont know your workout background but if ur new to working out check out rippetoes5x5 or starting strength. if u have been doing it for a while something like bill star 5x5 is in my opinion one of the best workouts to do. its an every second day workout so u get good rest time and can still do shit. or if u are advanced enough to create your own compound movement/fully isolated workout or however you workout then good on you. to get big tho eat clean, eat lots of protein a minimum of a gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, 2 grams is better tho. eat till your sick of eating and keep doing that. gotta eat big and lift heavy to get big. squats and deads are where its at in my opinion. the basis for any good routine

Fellow Devil Dog!! Welcome, welcome! Couple questions, how old are you? How long you been at it (lifting and USMC training)? And what if any specific goals are you hoping for? And how do they fit in, if at all with whatever you're doing in the crotch?

Oh, and one more thing......The Island or Diego?

the best supplement you can take is FOOD.

if you eat well then you need not worry about supplements.

and to build muscle you must workout. you are not gonna take a supplement and magically gain muscle. so on your off time from duties hit the gym and hit it hard.

You need calories...calories...and more and more calories! Don't be picky...you need as much real food as possible.

Top Bottom