Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Machines or Free Weights?

Not2Big1535

Just wondering what all you guys are doing to get huge. I am going to start my cycle soon, and would like to know what other juiceheads are lifting with.

I personally feel like I get a better workout in my chest and shoulders from machines, but arms for sure dumbells.

Now, my question, if I was just to stick to strictly machines, and of course upping weight at all times, could I build the same amount of mass as using free weights? I am wondering because machines tend to feel better on my joints (especially my bad left shoulder). Would I be wasting my time on machines or should I just stick to free weights? Thanks in advance....

PS- Sorry if this wasnt meant for the anabolics section, but I want to know the juicer's opinions on this... so please do not move this thread if possible.

Not2Big

:alien: :alien: :alien:

machines are for chicks.

use the free weights to build muscle.

Use both, its not like a religious choice. For the "free weights only" guys- what free weight exercises beside Squats do you do for you legs. What free weight exercises for your calves? For your back?

HeavyDutyGuy said:
Use both, its not like a religious choice. For the "free weights only" guys- what free weight exercises beside Squats do you do for you legs. What free weight exercises for your calves? For your back?
legs: squats, lunges, step ups.
calves: calf raises with a barbell accross your back
back: bent over dumbell rows, barbell rows, deadlift
i prefer free weights as you may have noticed...free weights really hit stabalizer muscles where machines do not. also, compare how pumped up you feel when your watching yourself in the mirror, destroying your muscles with heavy dumbells, and then do the same for a machine. no comparison.

I use both and get a hellacious workout from both- as long as I go heavy on both. If you go lighter on machines than you do on free weights, then no they arent as good. They are just tools and your muscles have no idea what your hands are holding.
Todays workout-7/12/01

Pullover warm-up 45, 65, 85,
125x10, 2RP drop 90x4, 3RP 65x4, 6 RP-
125x5, 2RP, drop 90x4, 4 RP 65x5, 5 forced reps

BB Rows –Yates Rows 225, 365x6
Pulldowns warm-up 220,
(stack +15) 315x7, 5RP drop 245x5, 6RP, 195x4, 8RP-
315x5, 6 RP drop245x4, 6RP, 195x4,68RP

Curl Machine warm-up 130
(stack +15) 205x8, 6RP,drop 165x4, 6RP, drop 125x3, 8RP
205x6, 6 RP, drop 165x3, 6RP, drop 125x3, 6 forced reps

All movements slower and stricter- great pump.

I tend to think free for the majority...but I also feel it's good to hit some of the machines occasionally to hit the muscles differently (pec deck)

:redhot: PoweR :redhot:

"Stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

Top Bottom