x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Machines with Cams?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Machines with Cams? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Hey Everyone, I'm pretty new to weight training. My preference is to use machines with the Nautilus cams or something similar. I was checking out a new gym today and they only had Matrix machines (G7 series, I think). Does anyone know if the Matrix machines have cams like the Nautilus cams? Thanks LesterJ

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Machines with Cams?

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new to weight training. My preference is to use machines with the Nautilus cams or something similar. I was checking out a new gym today and they only had Matrix machines (G7 series, I think).

Does anyone know if the Matrix machines have cams like the Nautilus cams?

Thanks

LesterJ

Banned

Re: Machines with Cams?

weights dont belong on machines... they should only be put on barbells and dumbells....
    take them off the machines, put 'em on your back and squat...

Gee, thanks Moya. That wasn't any help at all.

Get a grip Lester. Your talking about your preference on machines made by different companies.

Who gives a damn, I can't think of a single time I have used a machine in the past 3 years, save for a tricep pulley pushdown as the last exercise on my push day.

Moya could not be more correct, if your new to the game you should know right off the bat that if you want to be strong and have muscle the quickest way to get there is via the basic compound movement: deadlift, squat and bench. Machines will leave you functionally weak.

All you need is a power rack and you'll blow anyone who uses machines out the water in BOTH physique and strength.

Banned

Quote Quote posted by miked8c View Post
    All you need is a power rack and you'll blow anyone who uses machines out the water in BOTH physique and strength.
    thats it, period.
    machines were only invented as a means of rehabing injury from real workouts... shit got out of hand i guess...

Quote Quote posted by miked8c View Post
    Get a grip Lester. Your talking about your preference on machines made by different companies.

Who gives a damn, I can't think of a single time I have used a machine in the past 3 years, save for a tricep pulley pushdown as the last exercise on my push day.

Moya could not be more correct, if your new to the game you should know right off the bat that if you want to be strong and have muscle the quickest way to get there is via the basic compound movement: deadlift, squat and bench. Machines will leave you functionally weak.

This is such a meathead mentality. It's not either or; both are valuable tools.

Nautilus machines are a big deal if you understand strength curves and direction of resistance. I like the cam on the Matrix G3 "arm curl", but the rest IMO are nowhere near as good as Nautilus.