Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Machines with Cams?

lesterj

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new to weight training. My preference is to use machines with the Nautilus cams or something similar. I was checking out a new gym today and they only had Matrix machines (G7 series, I think).

Does anyone know if the Matrix machines have cams like the Nautilus cams?

Thanks

LesterJ

Get a grip Lester. Your talking about your preference on machines made by different companies.

Who gives a damn, I can't think of a single time I have used a machine in the past 3 years, save for a tricep pulley pushdown as the last exercise on my push day.

Moya could not be more correct, if your new to the game you should know right off the bat that if you want to be strong and have muscle the quickest way to get there is via the basic compound movement: deadlift, squat and bench. Machines will leave you functionally weak.

All you need is a power rack and you'll blow anyone who uses machines out the water in BOTH physique and strength.

Get a grip Lester. Your talking about your preference on machines made by different companies.

Who gives a damn, I can't think of a single time I have used a machine in the past 3 years, save for a tricep pulley pushdown as the last exercise on my push day.

Moya could not be more correct, if your new to the game you should know right off the bat that if you want to be strong and have muscle the quickest way to get there is via the basic compound movement: deadlift, squat and bench. Machines will leave you functionally weak.

All you need is a power rack and you'll blow anyone who uses machines out the water in BOTH physique and strength.

This is such a meathead mentality. It's not either or; both are valuable tools.

Nautilus machines are a big deal if you understand strength curves and direction of resistance. I like the cam on the Matrix G3 "arm curl", but the rest IMO are nowhere near as good as Nautilus.

Top Bottom