Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lying to machines about weight

vestax03a

Ok i have a question. When I use cardio machines at the gym I always add on extra weight. Part of the reason is that I dont weigh myself at all.(I go on my waist size which is about 32-34 now down from a 48!) I was wondering if by saying i weigh more than i really do will the machine make my workout more intense or a little easier?

Currently i set the weight anywhere from 300 to 325 and burn about 1200 calories each session.

any info will be appreciated
thanks in advance

The weight is used to determine calories burned, that's it. Actually, from what I have heard, to get a better idea of calories actually burned, put your weight 10-20 lb's lower than it actually is. The machines tend to over state your calories burned.

ND

vestax03a said:
Ok i have a question. When I use cardio machines at the gym I always add on extra weight. Part of the reason is that I dont weigh myself at all.(I go on my waist size which is about 32-34 now down from a 48!) I was wondering if by saying i weigh more than i really do will the machine make my workout more intense or a little easier?

Currently i set the weight anywhere from 300 to 325 and burn about 1200 calories each session.

any info will be appreciated
thanks in advance

I weigh 225 and on 15 degree incline and 4 mph - I can burn 21 per minute.

Top Bottom