Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lung Capacity

Yeah, I know running and excersice does it. I was wondering if there were like any excersices that like freedivers used. I.e. hold breath or the like. I've been running my balls off trying to get in shape for my summer soccer league and I was just wondering if there was anything else besides running that could increase my lung capacity.

This will help increase the girth of your chest cavity and hopefully your lung capacity will follow:

Pull Overs: Position your shoulders on the leading edge of a flat bench and your feet, at shoulder width, firmly on the floor. Keep your hips lower than your shoulders throughout the movement. Take a dumbbell and hold it up and over your head with your hands flat against the plate. Inhale deeply and lower the weight down and behind your head. Go as low as you can and feel the full stretch. Raise the weight back up to the starting position and repeat. Start off with a light weight until you get comfortable with your form and position. Use the following form: Inhale deep and lower the weight 1,2 ... hold 1,2 .. raise and exhale 1,2. Don't allow the weight to bounce at the bottom of the movement. Utilise this exercise on chest days but position it at the end of your routine.

KIAN PHILLIPS -- BSc / SpSc - CPT

Breathe into a paper bag for 3 minutes six times a day. Seriously, it is an exercise used with people having diminished lung function, because it utilizes the natural carbon dioxide/oxygen sensor systems to trigger the 'breathe more, breathe deeper' reflexes. As for safety, we've used it for years, on doctor's orders, with my severely disabled sister as part of her physiotherapy and the doc credits it with her resistance to pneumonia - the killer of most people with her condition. When we started, her lung capacity was so low that she could breathe for three minutes into an air mask without opening the bag AT ALL - now she has normal or above normal lung capacity (without cardio - she can't walk or crawl)

wlmcrae said:
Breathe into a paper bag for 3 minutes six times a day. Seriously, it is an exercise used with people having diminished lung function, because it utilizes the natural carbon dioxide/oxygen sensor systems to trigger the 'breathe more, breathe deeper' reflexes. As for safety, we've used it for years, on doctor's orders, with my severely disabled sister as part of her physiotherapy and the doc credits it with her resistance to pneumonia - the killer of most people with her condition. When we started, her lung capacity was so low that she could breathe for three minutes into an air mask without opening the bag AT ALL - now she has normal or above normal lung capacity (without cardio - she can't walk or crawl)
wow, i'm asthmatic and i'm definitely going to try this... and HIIT cannot hurt either. k to you

I just read in Men's Health something that Lance Armstrong does, while exercising..

Breath in through nose for a time of 7 seconds
Hold it in for 4 seconds
Exhale through mouth (pursed lips) for 8 seconds

It is supposed to get your body to open up and utilze ares of the lungs that get ignored with short quick breaths.

:FRlol:!!

Pullovers increase girth of the chest cavity!? Oh man that's a fucking riot. :FRlol:

Did you know if you do side bends for 100's of reps, you'll also lose bodyfat off your obliques? It's a great way to TONE THOSE ABS!

:FRlol:

wlmcrae said:

Very cool info, I'm going to give this a try.

Let's run a pool. I'll bet against myself and say I'm passing out in twenty seconds.

Top Bottom