Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

<- pbRocco's Smokeless Wardance Ride to Size ->

Ok, i hear ya... Disclaimer: Nor do I have a degree in Nutrition :lmao:

But I have Ace'd a University level Nutrition course :)

One doesn't have to cut fat to get rid of fat. Why not drop it all around to keep nice ratios? Just throwing out other options.... try whatever you want, if that doesn't work after a few weeks... u know how to change it especially with keeping close track like you do :coffee:

Wednesday - 10/18/2006
Week 2, Day 2

weight this morning - 164 @ 12% (ah oh)

Training
Squat - 185x5 , 205x5 , 235x5 , 255x5
OH Press - 95x5 , 115x5 , 135x5 , 135x5
Snatch High Pulls - 135x5 , 165x5 , 185x4 (tweak)
BB Calf Raises - 60lb x 20 , 80lb x 20 , 90lb x 20
Chins (+5lb) - 3 x 15

so i accidently ramped up the last set on squat w/o thinking. oops. i need it anyway.....lol
i tried doing jump shrugs for a set and i tweaked my shoulder which prevented me from completing that last group. it felt fine doing chins though. but i can feel its still stiff. i hope its not bad though.....think i'll stick to high pulls.....

i've been hitting this Animal M Stak before my workouts......man, that shit makes you damn near hyperventilate, you breathe so heavy.....got some good compounds in there too

Diet (still eating)
cals -
fat -
carb -
prot -

cal burned -
cal balance -

sgtslaughter said:
Ok, i hear ya... Disclaimer: Nor do I have a degree in Nutrition :lmao:

But I have Ace'd a University level Nutrition course :)

One doesn't have to cut fat to get rid of fat. Why not drop it all around to keep nice ratios? Just throwing out other options.... try whatever you want, if that doesn't work after a few weeks... u know how to change it especially with keeping close track like you do :coffee:

yeah i wish i knew the exact answer too. everywhere i gathered, to minimize fat gains while maintaining a calorie balance, you must limit fats. i had a good experience with a 2 week ketosis diet.....i know for sure i can drop water and some fat that route.....we'll see what the lower fat ratio does....yeah, i probably keep up with this closer than i need to. :p

so me and skalla hit the town last night and i woke up this morning hung over pretty bad. dropped 2 lbs too. damn alchohol.
i did muster up enough carbage and energi to hit the stones though..... :chomp:

weight - 164 @ 10%

Friday 10/20/06
Week 2 - Day 3
Bench - 135x5 , 165x5 , 195x5 , 225x5 , 240x3 PR , 225x5
Rows - 60x5 , 80x5 , 110x5 , 130x5 (tweaked shoulder again)
OH Squat - 60x5x2
Squat - 195x5 , 225x5 , 255x4
Dips - 25
DB Curls - 15x15 , 20x20x3

so my right shoulder right underneath my shoulder blade got all freaked out during bench, but really became bothersome during rows. as a result, i couldn't finish OH squats like i wanted to, but still finished up with good ol' regular squats. not cool to get blitzed the night before a hard workout. fook.

diet on Wednesday:
cals - 3718
fat - 71 (19,18,33)
carb - 455 (30 fib)
prot - 330
cal burned - 3051
cal balance - +667 (damn, one calorie off)

diet on Thursday:
cals - 3670
fat - 85 (20, 21, 41)
carb - 349 (50 fiber)
prot - 218
alcohol - 91
cal burned - 2808
cal balance - +862

i was really worried i wouldn't hit that 240 today. it was pretty hard.

i still don't feel that "strong" though

sgtslaughter said:
awesome 240x3 bench PR!

You definetly had the cals to back it up :chomp:

thx bro....yeah, i scarfed about 200g's carbs that morning cuz i knew i would need it.....the night before was oh just a bit misleading, considering almost 700 cals was beer. :worried:

gotta love sesapure and glutamine.

pitbullrocco said:
yeah i wish i knew the exact answer too. everywhere i gathered, to minimize fat gains while maintaining a calorie balance, you must limit fats. i had a good experience with a 2 week ketosis diet.....i know for sure i can drop water and some fat that route.....we'll see what the lower fat ratio does....yeah, i probably keep up with this closer than i need to. :p
^^ Hmm that is interesting. Nice log by the way. Bizzare stories lol :) A house across the street from my parents (next block) gets raided all the time... Ill just say the 1/2 acre lot next door just sold for 325K not including the house they are building on it...and they are by no means rich, this area just changed BIZARRE...

Anyway, IMO limiting healthy fats is not the way to lose fat. You have to find what works for you yes, but after my trial with low fat, I was starving all the time & after I ran it (3-4 weeks I think) I binged hardcore, the brought back to my maintainence ratios 40/30/30.

I am going to take some important points from a nutrition article I read so I don't have to type all this out ...These are basically consistent with my findings.

* Fat is probably the most underrated nutrient. Like all nutrients, fat is an absolute essential component of the body and in the diet.

*All nutrients play a crucial role in the maintenance, growth, and wellness of the entire body.

*A deficiency of essential fats has an effect similar to a deficiency of the mineral calcium—over time the body breaks down.

* OUR BODIES NEED FAT TO FUNCTION
The basic functions of fat are to maintain skin and hair; store and transport fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K; protect cell walls; aid in the proper development of brain and eyes; and protect the organs.

*Fats are also a source of stored energy, used during light activity like reading or endurance events like biking and running. They help to control diabetes and blood sugar. Having small amounts of fats with each meal will delay the rate that carbohydrates turn to blood sugar, which helps prevent high and low blood sugar reactions.

*Fat also aids in satiety. We are more satisfied, feel fuller, and are less hungry when we add small amounts of fat to meals. Fat-free diets are never mentally or physically satisfying to the body because we are depriving it of what it needs, and believe it or not—the body needs fat!

*The amount of fat needed depends on the weight and caloric expenditure of a person. Fat should be at least 20-30% of a person's energy (calorie) consumption. It is not recommended to go below 20% of total calories or 40 grams of fat per day except in certain medical conditions where a restricted fat diet is indicated.

*Cutting out fat alone does not always work because people will often increase sugar and processed carbohydrates from fat-free foods. To achieve effective weight loss it is important to balance nutrients.

*It doesnít matter if the extra calories come from sugar or fat—if you donít use it for energy it will be stored as fat in the body. It is important to reduce excessive fat and sugar and INCREASE ACTIVITY in any weight management program.

Sorry for the long post but I hope I shed some light on why fats are important, same with "carbs are not evil"... it's about the quality.

Have a great weekend.

:)

The Bunninator found you :evil: lol

pitbullrocco said:
thx bro....yeah, i scarfed about 200g's carbs that morning cuz i knew i would need it.....the night before was oh just a bit misleading, considering almost 700 cals was beer. :worried:
gotta love sesapure and glutamine.
Nice... LOL! 700 cals ... 7 beers (lights) or just a couple heavys? Beer induced carb loading (pizza) can work sometimes :RADAR

NOT when you're trying to get lean though :p

Top Bottom