Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lower back pain and squats

ef.fitness

Hi guys I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem with squats killing your lower back? I weight 185 lbs and I squat 220 , could the be the reason why, because I'm lifting more than my own weight?

Mobility is most likely the cause if I had to guess maybe try working lighter weights for a while and squatting the entire range(ass to the grass).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that isn't a lot of weight for your size so not that isn't the problem

the first thing is proper form. most people squat like shit

i want you to try box squats or chair squats next time with light weight.. OR try front squats. then let me know if your back still hurts.

Most probably it has to do with a lack of proper form. Ideally, you should get someone knowledgeable to take a look at you from a side while you are doing the squats in order to ensure that you are doing them properly.

Usually when people are experiencing lower back pain when doing squats, it's because their form is poor.

The squat is actually a HIP dominant exercise. It's NOT a quad dominant exercise.

Focus on keeping the weight in your heels.

post-3.jpg

Top Bottom