Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low intensity cardio or high intensity?

liuyangwhsjinyi

What is best for fat loss – low intensity cardio,high intensity cardio, or weight training? I assume that highintensity cardio is best, but why would not the weight lifting helplose fat as well? Is it true that with more muscle mass you get toburn more calories as well?

High intensity cardio is best for fat loss, because over time your body will get used to mild and low intensity cardio. However, you need a certain level of conditioning in order to pull that out. And yes - you can definitely lose fat by doing weights - after all, you still burn those calories in the gym, and if you burn calories, you end up losing weight, one way, or another.

it doesn't matter as long as you get off the couch you will burn calories.. obviously the more intense the cardio the more calories you burn in a shorter period of time. jacking off on the elliptical for 30 minutes is very different than jogging 30 minutes or doing hill work

the biggest mistake i see guys do is they bust their ass doing cardio than after they go to fucking olive garden and eat a 2000 calorie pasta meal. or they eat subway and a 1300 calorie sub ummm.. that makes no fucking sense

The true answer is that they all have their place.

Weight training should always be your first priority. That is what builds and sculpts the physique. I would train with weights 4-5 days per week.

HIIT cardio is more effective then LISS cardio for fat loss, but it's also very demanding on the body and very intense. Most people will get burnt out doing more then 2-3 HIIT sessions per week.

I would do 2-3 HIIT sessions per week and then an additional 3-4 LISS sessions per week.

LISS cardio burns less calories but it won't effect recovery and might actually help increase recovery because it'll enhance blood flow to your muscles.

The best would be doing a combination of them. What I like to do is cardio after 3 of my weight training sessions each week. I just do LISS because that is what I enjoy. If you don't mind them then do a variety. If you hate one form of cardio then stop doing it. You will end up not sticking to it if you hate it.

Top Bottom