Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low carb, train hard=no bf change!?!

SSAlexSS said:

5'5 at 107 pounds IS NOT UNDERWEIGHT!

maybe 85 pounds would be... but not 107.

I consider every girl that is more than 120 pounds at 5'7 or so, OVERWEIGHT.

she needs to try different dieting plan...

Young lad you who cannot bench press over 200 pounds should not be giving anyone fitness advice. I have stated this before. You should be watching these posts to listen and learn. Maybe in a few years when your bench press is less than 40 pounds under my behind the neck military press you should speak but not now.

As to the young lady in question. You are underweight by the way. I would like to know how many times a day you are eating. You should be splitting all your calories up over 5-6 meals in the day trying to get the majority of your carbs in the first 3 meals. Speaking of your carbs they are way way too low your not losing bodyfat as your body probably thinks you are trying to starve yourself to death. I am surprised your not having short term memory loss with how low your carbs are. Up your carb intake to around 100 per day for the first 4 days of the week then do two days at around 200-250 and then give yourself a day to pig out as much as you want. This pig out day helps kick the bodys metabolism back into high gear.

Just my .02

SSAlexSS said:

5'5 at 107 pounds IS NOT UNDERWEIGHT!

maybe 85 pounds would be... but not 107.

I consider every girl that is more than 120 pounds at 5'7 or so, OVERWEIGHT....

Well then I guess that makes these top fitness competitors "overweight" ;-)

Timea Majorova - 5'8" - 128 lbs
Jenny Worth - 5'2" - 120
Kelly Ryan - 5'3" - 120
Monica Brandt - 5'4" - 126

Stand a 5'3'' 120lb 20-22% bf girl next to Kelly Ryan. Their physiques will look completely different. Kelly's jeans will easily be several sizes smaller because each pound of muscle takes up less space than the same number of fat pounds. Kelly's daily caloric intake will be substantially higher just to maintain her muscle.

Last edited:
FitFossil said:

Well then I guess that makes these top fitness competitors "overweight" ;-)

Timea Majorova - 5'8" - 128 lbs
Jenny Worth - 5'2" - 120
Kelly Ryan - 5'3" - 120
Monica Brandt - 5'4" - 126

Stand a 5'3'' 120lb 20-22% bf girl next to Kelly Ryan. Their physiques will look completely different. Kelly's jeans will easily be several sizes smaller because each pound of muscle takes up less space than the same number of fat pounds. Kelly's daily caloric intake will be substantially higher just to maintain her muscle.

Well.... Those girls have a bit of muscle on their bodies which adds weight.

Anyways whre I got my references.

I had this girl in my class who was 120 pounds at 5'7 or so. And guess what? she had a bit of fat in her gut.

I guess it is hard to find the ideal weight, since everyone has different proportions and bone mass.... But I know that supermodels are like 120 pounds and some of them are 5'11 at that weight....

Abbaddon said:

Young lad you who cannot bench press over 200 pounds should not be giving anyone fitness advice. I have stated this before. You should be watching these posts to listen and learn. Maybe in a few years when your bench press is less than 40 pounds under my behind the neck military press you should speak but not now.

Just my .02

OH MY GOD!

This is very typical. just because someone can't "bench" certain weight doesn't mean that that person is dumb. Maybe I don't do 1/10s range of motion like some people do. Maybe I got long arms and thus I have to move longer distances?

And maybe I am no flex wheeler.

Just because a person can't do something physical (yet), it makes no sense that a person can't give advice...

Just because a person can bench or lift certrain amount, that ain't the reason for him to be an expert. Some people are just more inclined to lift heavier weight or use sloppier form... After all I am BODYBUILDING, not weightlifting. If the weight lifted = to the guys brains.... then powerlifters would be einsteins...

bored writing this.... I hope u understood what I said. After all, you lift heavy, so you must be smart!!!

life is good said:
Alex,
you have got the be the #1 dumbest bastard in the world. Every single time you post you reastablish yourself as the most ignorant person on these boards. You need to leave. seriously its people like you that promote anorexia and other eating disorders. 107lb at the height is defenitly underweight, if you don't realize that, then you have problems that need to be addressed quickly. If youre going to respond with crap like that then you need to go to some ballet discussion boards.

rez, follow belials advice. I think you need to stop the low cal low carb dieting for a while and put on some muscle. Just continue to eat clean, but more. If you do your body will probably be more able to lose some fat.
hope that helps.

Me dumbass?

She isn't underweight. She weights 107 pounds. 22% bodyfat.

Lets see 107*0.22 = 23.54 pounds of fat. That means that without fat she would weight 107-23.54 = 83 pounds.

Now, what would be her ideal weight? Lets assume we use 10% bodyfat for fit women which is a good goal. That would mean that her ideal weight would be

107 - 107(0.1) = 96 pounds!

So she should loose about 11 pounds to be in great shape.

Underweight would be like 85-90 pounds for her!

so.... einstein!!! don't make fool out of yourself!

Belial said:
I'm completely speechless.

Alex, shut the hell up.

Just because MATH isn't your thing, stop insulting me!!!

See my reply to "life is good"

Abbaddon said:

I am surprised your not having short term memory loss with how low your carbs are.

She is/was on a ketogenic diet--whether she should be dieting is another issue. You're not supposed to have much more than 30g of carbs a day on such a diet--at least until the weekend carb-up.

bikinimom said:

Ummmmmm, you don't know WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

I am 5'3 1/2" and weigh about 130#.... bf% about 14% or so....I am a perfect SIZE 3!

5'5" at 107# is EMACIATED and sickly.... and her bf% is about 20/22%?! She is skinnyfat.... Her body is in starvation mode and will not give up any more bf. She needs to EAT MORE FOOD PERIOD!....and put on more lean mass - thereby increasing her metabolism.

I am trying to gigure out how her brain functions (let alone the rest of her) on 1300 calories per day! That isn't enough calories to keep a bird alive.... let alone a grown woman.

Ok... Here we go. Maybe you got quite a bit of muscle on your body that dds weight? Maybe you got big bones which add weight without making you look muscular or fat.

aND HERE WE GO. Some GUYS eat less then 1000 calories PER DAY and they live over 100 years and are physicly tough. Some greek guy (forgot his name Plato or Socrates) used ONLY to eat bread and honey and drink water, 2 times per day ... Probably no more than 800 calories. And he was as smart as Einstein.

And she should not esat more food, she should try to eat correct food! Obviously high protein food isn't her thing.,... I bet she should eat more carbs.

Some people GAIN bad weight when they eat protein. Some people LOOSE weight by eating carbs.....

I am trembling here.

I reiterate, you are a complete f*cking idiot. Either shut up and spend the next few months READING a bit on healthy weight ranges, proper diet, etc., or leave this board. I'm sorry mods, I don't normally flame people like this, but I cannot believe what I'm reading here. I'm sure I'm not alone, either.

There are so many stupid statements above, I don't know where to begin.

Last edited:
SSAlexSS said:

Ok... Here we go. Maybe you got quite a bit of muscle on your body that dds weight? Maybe you got big bones which add weight without making you look muscular or fat.

NO DUH! I have A LOT of muscle....

As for my "big bones" (God, isn't that a STUPID EXPRESSION?!)... I have an EXTREMELY PETITTE SKELETAL STRUCTURE!

SSAlexSS said:

aND HERE WE GO. Some GUYS eat less then 1000 calories PER DAY and they live over 100 years and are physicly tough. Some greek guy (forgot his name Plato or Socrates) used ONLY to eat bread and honey and drink water, 2 times per day ... Probably no more than 800 calories. And he was as smart as Einstein.

Have you ever seen a pic of these guys? And do you have ANY IDEA HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN HONEY AND BREAD?! I don't think they made "light" wheat back in those days. How do you know they were physically tough? These dudes had more rolls than a fucking bakery!

SSAlexSS said:
And she should not esat more food, she should try to eat correct food! Obviously high protein food isn't her thing.,... I bet she should eat more carbs.

Some people GAIN bad weight when they eat protein. Some people LOOSE weight by eating carbs.....

A calorie, is a calorie, is a calorie..... if you do not take in enough to feed your body it will break ITSELF down for energy. Conversely, if you take in 5000 calories from PURE PROTEIN you will STILL GAIN WEIGHT if you do NOT BURN OFF THE EXCESS!

I have never claimed to be a "diet guru"... but for GOD'S SAKE MAN.... did they teach you NOTHING IN GRADE SCHOOL HEALTH CLASS?! If you do NOT eat enough nutritious food - YOUR BODY WILL NOT GROW OR BE HEALTHY AND STRONG! God, now I feel like a freaking dancing milk carton on some grammar school infomercial! :rolleyes:

I never in a million years thought that it would be possible to flame somebody THIS BADLY on the freaking diet board!

Guy, just for shits and giggles.... seeing as how you know so much about diet as it relates to fitness and (I dunno) just plain EXISTING - PUHLEASE POST A PIC!!! I want to learn from you. I have been so blatantly misinformed!!

PRETTY PLEEEEEEEEEEEAZE!!!!

Or if you can not - please email me one. I want so much to learn from the master.

Top Bottom