Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low bar squats using straps.

Pretty sure they are just normal straps. I've seen this done before. You just loop them around the bar. Some people use them for front squats since it eliminates some flexibility requirements.

And ya that guy is a monster. He hurt his wrist a while back and he couldn't/can't do much of the olympic lifts, so he was basically squatting a ton for a while. Probably also the reason he was using the straps in that vid.

Btw, those are high bar, not low bar.

Ill give it a shot today then with some reg straps, i know there used for front squats but not alot of info on tjem
Being used for back squats.

Hmmm...Ive seen guys do that while doing front squats but never on back squats. The straps the FS guyz use are just regular straps like for deadliftig, rackpulls etc.

Pretty sure they are just normal straps. I've seen this done before. You just loop them around the bar. Some people use them for front squats since it eliminates some flexibility requirements.

And ya that guy is a monster. He hurt his wrist a while back and he couldn't/can't do much of the olympic lifts, so he was basically squatting a ton for a while. Probably also the reason he was using the straps in that vid.

Btw, those are high bar, not low bar.

You sure those are hi bar squats? Kinda hard to tell by that angle but it looks low to me and i dont think he would need the straps in the hi bar position because flexibility isnt as much of a isue.... Heres another angle.

Max squats 601lbs, no belt no knee wraps. - YouTube

I'd be surprised if Max ever does low bar squats since he's an olympic lifter. Look at how upright his torso angle is in both of the vids, even if you can't exactly see where the bar is positioned. Like I said earlier, he's using those straps because of his wrist injury, not because of flexibility.

I used some reg straps yesterday and they took all the bind off my elbows.... Tendons have been in alot of pain the last couple weeks, this is going to be a life saver....

Top Bottom