x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I started trying to get leaner, by lowering my calories, reducing 300 cals a week, gradually adding cardio(30-40mins) 2x and now 3x a week. It's been 4 weeks since I started(at 132, 24% BF) and now I weigh 127 @ 23% BF... :worried:... I measured my waist and it's still the same as before... Do you guys think I'm losing more muscle than bodyfat here or is it just water that I am losing?? :mix: I feel like I am not losing muscle though because I can still lift heavy weights :mix: but the

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder

Thumbs down LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

I started trying to get leaner, by lowering my calories, reducing 300 cals a week, gradually adding cardio(30-40mins) 2x and now 3x a week. It's been 4 weeks since I started(at 132, 24% BF) and now I weigh 127 @ 23% BF... ... I measured my waist and it's still the same as before... Do you guys think I'm losing more muscle than bodyfat here or is it just water that I am losing??

I feel like I am not losing muscle though because I can still lift heavy weights but the whole time I only dropped 1% bodyfat, but lost 5 pounds!

All Natural

Re: LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

water

Amateur Bodybuilder

Thumbs down Re: LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

Quote Quote posted by big4life
    It has always been my experience that the last place I lose weight is the first place I gain weight, the mid section. You are probably replacing fat with muscle, so you don't notice a big weight change.

How do your cloths fit? That is the best way to gauge weight loss. Also, make sure that the food you do eat is clean, stick with lean meat, fish, skinless chicken, and fresh vegetables.
    I don't know... 5 pounds seems kinda big to me... My clothes fit a lil looser on me now, especially the places where I wanted to add mass

thats normal............just give it time keep the protien up and eat clean youll be good to go

yeah its normal (I hope!).. I lose size from arms & legs before my waist starts dropping.

I weigh 127 @ 23% BF
    Are you a girl? If you're a guy then maybe you should think about adding more muscle before trying to cut.. the more muscle you have the easier it is to lose fat

Amateur Bodybuilder

Thumbs down Re: LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

Quote Quote posted by Tweakle
    yeah its normal (I hope!).. I lose size from arms & legs before my waist starts dropping.

Are you a girl? If you're a guy then maybe you should think about adding more muscle before trying to cut.. the more muscle you have the easier it is to lose fat
    I'm a girl, 5 '2... I still need more muscle but I can't add muscle while cutting

Amateur Bodybuilder

Cool Re: LOSING WEIGHT, but NOT Losing BODYFAT

Quote Quote posted by big4life
    Just keep pushing and you will get to where you want to be. It takes time and a lot of hard work, but once you get there it's fun to look back at how far you've come.