Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Loose skin around abdomen

Gort

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do about loose skin around the abdomen after weight loss? I use to weigh 235 but have now gotten down to 185, I can see my abs, but when I sit down it appears I still have a layer of flabbly like skin that I really don't think is fat. Maybe I'm wrong? I'm a 40 year old male that has been training on and off for the better part of my life. I finally decided to shed the fat but now face this unusual problem. Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Congrats on the accomplishment. But, I am afraid that I must officially welcome you to the world of post-weight loss. It feels great... but there are some catches. This is just one.

I also lost a lot of weight (265 lbs---->160 lbs) and found that while my bodyfat percentage was fairly low and my abs starting coming in, i had the annoying flabby skin around my lower ab region.

Here's what it is.... when you were overweight, your skin was stretched out to make way for the fat in your stomach. Upon exercising when you lost weight, the fat disappeared and the skin shrunk down. (I would guess that there are visable stretch marks that are kinda bunched up around your stomach?)

The best thing you can do for this is wait. It's been over a year since I finished losing the weight and the skin is starting to get back to it's normal state... but it's hard. If you want something to put on it... i would suggest a strong Vitamin E cream or oil. Apparently the Vitamin E helps with cellulose and stretch marks, but it ain't gonna cure it overnight. S.A.N. nutrition makes a product called "Lipoburn" that is for spot reducing fat thermogenically and i've heard that CAN help. I've just ordered it and will let you know how it goes.

Don't get defeated, your accomplishment is great. In time, that stuff will subside and you will reap the full benefits of the hard work you put in to get into great physical shape.

wc

Put Preparation H on said area and then tan (either outside or in a tanning bed).

Just rub it in like lotion, it stinks and is kinda expensive but it pulls the moisture out and helps to reduce the size of that loosened tissue.

Bodybuilders do this for problem areas before a contest. Don't expect it to do wonders but it will help.

Try it.

I've gone from 224lbs/14-15%bf to 200lbs/5.9%. My abs are pretty cut, but I also have a loose layer of skin. I'm doing a contest in 3 1/2 weeks and was wondering about the preparation-H. How long before the show should I try that? How long do the effects last? Can it be used in other areas too?
Thanks for any help.

The Preparation H seems to work relatively well, I've put it on once a day and it really seems to tighten up the skin as suggested by GenetiKing. I haven't been able to tan so that's probably minimized my results. I think it's worth a try. NJbigtime suggested cutting gel which I have not tried yet, but some of the other posts I've read with feedback appear positive.

Good Luck at the contest!

loose skin

Hello everyone. I too have had the problem with loose skin in the abdomen. I dropped from 200 to about 170 in about 16 months. But unfortunetly due to my genetics almost all of the lost weight came from my stomach. It has not gotten much better. I am now about 7-8% body fat, I do a rigorous ab routine, but nothing is happening. Some people at the gym said it may require plastic surgery to tighten it... Any exercises that may help??

YOu need a tummy tuck--plastic surgery--to remove the loose skin. If you're under 25 and haven't got too much skin, it will eventually tighten up. If you're over 30, the collegen fibers start to break down and the skin won't tighten up by itself.

Cutting gel burns fat, not skin.

Prep H is temporary.

You can build your abs out to fill up the skin, but it looks like you've got a gut, so why bother?

I have considered going under the knife to get rid of the skin. Standing the abs look fine, but when I sit, I have a small layer of skin that's just there. I don't think my abs will ever look razor sharp unless I get rid of the skin. I find this extremely frustrating especially after all the work I put in to get rid of the fat! I think LSUMuscle is on to something. I am aware that some athletes do go for liposuction in order to finish off the abs and get that etched in look. Problem is finding a Doctor you can trust and knows what he's doing, cost is also a factor. I guess I'll live with this crap for now.

Top Bottom