Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking to start powerlifting

moura10

I have been training for years and I've had an interest in powerlifting for a while , I just have no idea on where to start , my goal is to be competing in a few years from , what type of program would you recommend me to start with.

focus on the big compound lifts. get on a good 5X5 type program

you have to build consistency with powerlifting at a lower weight and improve that way. too many guys want to just do 1-2 rep maxes.. you are just going to wear your body out. stick to the 5 rep range.

@stevesmi is right - don't go all crazy - follow a plan, andbe be gradual. This way you will be able to develop strength consistently, and without additional injuries.

There are a TON of programs. Google Westside as a starting point. Then come back and pick our brains. I'm all over strength training so I can help. But I'd be typing all day so I'll encourage you to do a bit of research first.

SteveMobsterG is going to be the expert here on powerlifting. Definitely come back with some specific questions so he can help you out.

Off the top of my head I would start by focusing on the compound lifts such as bench press, squats, deadlifts, military press, pullups, rows.

Top Bottom