Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking for Programming Suggestions like Ross Enamait's Programs...

texas.redneck

I was googling to research this and came across some posts on this website with individuals that seemed to be familiar with Ross Enamait's programming. He has a few popular ebooks; Infinite Intensity, Never Gymless, full throttle conditioning, etc. His workouts are geared towards fighters but I really like them for two reasons; (1) they are well rounded strength and conditioning and (2) they are minimalists as in I can use the squat rack and stuff I have in my garage.

My only problem is I've burned through several variations of his programs now over the past 5-7 years and I'm looking for a new and fresh template to follow. Anyone have some other suggestions for some webpages or books I can hunt down that will lay out a 50-60 day template I can generally follow?

I know there are lots of crossfit pages that posts WOD's but I really don't consider those programs really well rounded or thought out very well over the course of 60 days. Even if they are, I have to scroll through 60 blog posts to get the full program which is a pain in the rear. I also have to make a lot of substitutions for Crossfit WOD's because they tend to have lots of pulls from the floor (i.e. snatch, cleans, deadlifts) that I've had to reduce from my program due to low back disc degeneration.

Also, when I say minimalists and low tech I should mention that I've collected quite the garage gym over the years. I have squat rack, pull up bar, bumper plates, multiple barbells, adjustable dumbells, TRX suspension training, monster bands, mini-bands and so forth....

we talked about this on PM's.. i think finding a local crossfit gym with a really good trainer is a good option. those classes really push you since its peer pressure

I don't disagree with you but I'm really into my garage gym at the moment. I got a dog back in December (she's like 7 months old now). So she keeps me motivated to get up at 5:15am every morning and hit up my garage gym from 5:30 to 6:30 while she hangs with me on guard duty or chewing some bones. I have a nice bluetooth speaker bumping sports talk or music and recently got a deal on an airdyne bike on Craigslist that I've been enjoying for warmups and intervals. This along with the rest of my garage gym loadout I've collected over the years (squat rack, bumpers, barbells, various bands, TRX suspension, adjustable db's, slam balls, etc. etc.).

So having the 50 day overall plan like Ross's that is all laid out with some rhyme and reason is nice to have. And something that isnt' just stupid 90s bodybuilding....lol. I've been using search engines and I still just come across these articles with pictures of guys doing cable flys and workouts that tell you to do bent over lateral raises. Like come on now, haven't we all moved on from the 90's Joe Weider Muscle and Fitness workouts?? LOL>

I was googling to research this and came across some posts on this website with individuals that seemed to be familiar with Ross Enamait's programming. He has a few popular ebooks; Infinite Intensity, Never Gymless, full throttle conditioning, etc. His workouts are geared towards fighters but I really like them for two reasons; (1) they are well rounded strength and conditioning and (2) they are minimalists as in I can use the squat rack and stuff I have in my garage.

My only problem is I've burned through several variations of his programs now over the past 5-7 years and I'm looking for a new and fresh template to follow. Anyone have some other suggestions for some webpages or books I can hunt down that will lay out a 50-60 day template I can generally follow?

Is there any reason why you can't write a program for yourself?

Is there any reason why you can't write a program for yourself?

I basically do but I like a foundation to start with. For example, for warmups I have my own mobility, corrective movements, dynamic stretch program that I do. Ross is a big fan of dumbbells and I tend to like barbells and kettlebells more, so I modify and swap out a bunch of exercises for those. I work around degenerative disc in my low back so make appropriate substitutions there with a couple of the lifts and I do sprints on Airdyne mostly.

It's just nice having the initial 6-12 week plan with some rhyme and reason that I can then make into my own.

I have done a bunch of different programs in the past from guys like Stoppani and Gethin. What I do is just take what I like from each one and make my own. Another thing I like to do is switch up my routine every 6 weeks or so to keep it interesting so I am never really following an exact program.

I have done a bunch of different programs in the past from guys like Stoppani and Gethin. What I do is just take what I like from each one and make my own. Another thing I like to do is switch up my routine every 6 weeks or so to keep it interesting so I am never really following an exact program.

Exactly, this is what I do just try to change it up every few months. I go through phases of group classes or bodyweight (gymless) or my current phase is I'm really into my garage gym. I just like to get the base routine that I can change up how I like it. I'll check out the Stoppani and Gethin names you mentioned.

Ok I checked out those guys Stoppani and Gethin. They are definitely classic bodybuilders. Not exactly what I was going for. Ross Enamait is truly Strength and conditioning (as in training for real athletes not bodybuilding). However, I'm actually thinking about getting back into just plain old bodybuilding split routines like this because I think they may be easier on my body than always trying to knockout full body strength days and followed by these mad intense 10-20 min conditioning days (burpees, sledgehammers, pushups, slamballs, etc.). I think I'm getting to old for all that and a nice boring back/bi's, chest/tri's, legs split might be nice on my body.

@SteveMobsterG and @MasonicBodybuilder

But Yeah I see where you all are coming from now thinking who is this idiot that can't even figure out his own routine. Sure if we're talking basic bodybuilding splits that's simple. I just need to know what rep range I'm training in that week (i.e. 10+ reps, 8 reps, 4-6 reps) and then, divvy up my bodyparts into the training split for the week (leg day, back/bi's, chest/tri's, shoulders), pick 2 base compound exercises per day (i.e press, squat, deadlift variation) and then pick 3 or 4 ancillary exercises.

That's easy to just do on the fly week to week. Coming up with a good well rounded STrength and conditioning routine is more complex putting all the training pieces together and keeping it new and exciting.

Top Bottom