Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking for Programming Suggestions like Ross Enamait's Programs...

@SteveMobsterG and @MasonicBodybuilder

But Yeah I see where you all are coming from now thinking who is this idiot that can't even figure out his own routine. Sure if we're talking basic bodybuilding splits that's simple. I just need to know what rep range I'm training in that week (i.e. 10+ reps, 8 reps, 4-6 reps) and then, divvy up my bodyparts into the training split for the week (leg day, back/bi's, chest/tri's, shoulders), pick 2 base compound exercises per day (i.e press, squat, deadlift variation) and then pick 3 or 4 ancillary exercises.

That's easy to just do on the fly week to week. Coming up with a good well rounded STrength and conditioning routine is more complex putting all the training pieces together and keeping it new and exciting.

That's BS. I've books going back to the 1900's and famous lifters of yesteryear made fortunes from creating programs (training by mail).

And 90% came down to KISS and creating a program which works what you, the lifter, want to work.

It sounds to me like you want others to be your guide vs taking charge yourself. That's fine - PT's would be out of work without guys like you.

You can definitely hire a coach to take all the guesswork out of training. There are plenty of people who just like to "do" and not have to worry about building plans.

It sounds to me like you want others to be your guide vs taking charge yourself. That's fine - PT's would be out of work without guys like you.

You say it with a tone like that's a bad thing. I'm almost 39. I been doing my program for two decades basically since I was 19 years old with some breaks in between where I've done the group class thing or spent some money on personal trainers. I always told myself I'd never pay a trainer because my bookshelf was stuffed with more books than some punk 25 year old trainer would ever read. But then I worked at a company that subsidized $500 a year I could spend on trainers and gyms and stuff so I did a trainer.

So what's wrong with a middle life aged guy who finally got to a place where he has some disposable income to spend and just wants a break from 2 decades of figuring stuff out himself?

So since you all were so constructive, Here's what I came up with on my own:

I liked this mountain tactical website guy in Wyoming who had a lot of programming and he even designed programs for guys ages 45-55 where he took out a lot of the bar loaded back squats and replaced with various lunges and other alternatives and took out traditional deadlifts for RDL's --both of which I've found are necessary substitutions due to my degenerative disc in low back.

What I ended up doing was just taking this guys template and making my own variation that I'm going to follow for 4-6 weeks:

His template was very similar to Ross Enamait's but with a little more emphasis on strength/bodybuilding versus conditioning (Enamait is in the business of training fighters).

So.. to be clear.. you proved me wrong by doing what... saving the company 500 bucks and doing it yourself? :D

I've never had a coach as such (a rival and mentor maybe) and only had training partners now and again and yet I've been British Champion 4x and European Champ 2x (I'm competing in another European championships this weekend).

See I figure that a guy with your stats and your experience is almost certainly as experienced and qualified as 90% of the PT's in most gyms. I say that someone who qualified back in the day with two different organizations. You ARE correct when you say that it's nice to be able to pay someone else to do it for you. But you came on here to ask and I'm still waiting on the cheque to come in the post ;)

I'm not sure what a cheap PT certification might cost you but maybe spend the 500 bucks on one?? One thing I got from my courses was structure and teaching technique clarification.

Yes I proved you wrong by doing it myself....lol. For the record, I never said I wanted to be spoon fed (you assumed that). I just said I wanted to find a new base template to work with because I was burnt out on Ross Enamait's.

I noticed my link got killed in my post above so you didn't actually see the link to the program template I used. It was a template in a Brad Borland muscle and fitness article called Tactical Physique that I think came up when I googled "functional strength and conditioning programs". He gave one weeks worth of programming and said repeat 10x....lol. I took it. Tweaked slightly and have just been updating week to week and making swaps for exercises (like if it was heavy bench the week before I go for heavy OH press the following week). As a matter of fact, I just got done doing next weeks program (starts tomorrow saturday) and printed it. .

So yeah you are right, I ended up doing my own because I'm never going to find some 6 weeker laid out just like I like it.

So.. to be clear.. you proved me wrong by doing what... saving the company 500 bucks and doing it yourself? :D

I've never had a coach as such (a rival and mentor maybe) and only had training partners now and again and yet I've been British Champion 4x and European Champ 2x (I'm competing in another European championships this weekend).

See I figure that a guy with your stats and your experience is almost certainly as experienced and qualified as 90% of the PT's in most gyms. I say that someone who qualified back in the day with two different organizations. You ARE correct when you say that it's nice to be able to pay someone else to do it for you. But you came on here to ask and I'm still waiting on the cheque to come in the post ;)

I'm not sure what a cheap PT certification might cost you but maybe spend the 500 bucks on one?? One thing I got from my courses was structure and teaching technique clarification.

Top Bottom