Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long runs equal pain

peeterstock

[FONT=&quot]Anyone have issues with this? Started to have pain in my left knee while running and a friend of mine who is a physical therapyst said it sounds like that's what I have. Only kicks in when I do long runs...like over 5 miles. And of course my knee kills the next day...can't even run more than a few minute on the treadmill. I stretch all the time and try not to run as far anymore but was wondering if it ever goes away or anything else I can do to help it get better. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks![/FONT]

running is very high impact and running on a treadmill is horrible overall

the best way to run is barefoot on soft surface. but in your situation i would take a break for a while (you will live i promise) then come back gradually and follow what i am saying. if you must run with shoes then invest in high quality shoes. i recommend Nike Frees, they are great for running.. don't go to walmart and buy $15 shoes

Get in the pool and swim laps. It will be way better for the knee's in the water than running on the road.

Get in the pool and swim laps. It will be way better for the knee's in the water than running on the road.
This right here is a much better alternative for your joints. Running is tough on your hips and knees and as you age it only gets worse.

Is the pain at the bottom of the knee cap? It could be patella tendonitis? I used to get that a hell of a lot and it sucks!!

Like the lads have suggested stop the running, keep stetching your quads and rest for a few days. If you have any take some magniesium tablets and some non steroidal anti inflammatories and rest it. If you can, focus on single leg exercises too, should help strengthen your quads around your knee and help prevent more pain.

If you have a bike maybe cycle instead?

Focus on your posture while running. Your ankle, legs and whole body must be perfectly aligned while running. It seems you are exerting stress on your knee which results in the pain. So try to attain a correct posture for preventing injury.

Top Bottom