Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long distance running

sickboi

For overall health would it be better to run long distance or be better to run short distance but sprints like on a track?

both are effective.

long slow distance running at a light pace on a soft surface is going to put less strain on your body than doing high intensity interval training

i actually found that when i was training as a runner i stayed healthier doing 40-50 LSD runs vs. doing interval training on a track, and i also improved my endurance far better. also nobody who trains for endurance just does interval training, so it isn't like i am some weirdo.. they might throw that in once or twice a month

if time is an issue you can do 15 minutes of HIIT, then stretch out. just don't over do it or you will end up with injuries and invest in good shoes

Long distance running isn't healthy. Marathon runners usually drop dead of heart attacks in their 50s.

Anything in excess is unhealthy. Running for 60 minutes - that's healthy. Running for hours every day - that puts a lot of stress on the body

Top Bottom