Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Log: Wendler 531 & Crossfit on Paleo CKD with Intermittent Fasting & Cleanse

OneBreath

Elite Mentor
I've missed keeping a log so here it goes.

Stats:

Age 35
Height 6'4"
Weight 235
Bodyfat ~10%

Current 1RM:

Squat 415
Deadlift 525
Standing Press 230
DB Incline Press 310

Goals:

Strength / muscle mass / conditioning gains
Bodyfat reduction
Target body composition - 240lbs @ 8% BF
Squat 550
Deadlift 650
Standing Press 300
Incline press 400

Program:

Wendler 531 with Crossfit

Diet:

Low carb paleo (maintaining ketosis during week)
Saturday refeeds
Intermittent Fasting on 3 out of 4 rest days
Periodic Cleansing (every 3 months or so)

Chemical Enhancements:

Currently none

For those unfamiliar with the Wendler 531, it consists of 4 micro cycles within each meso cycle which lasts about 5 weeks.
I have just completed my first meso cycle and below is the schedule for my 2nd meso cycle starting this Sunday.

As shown below, you start with your 1RMs and then take 90% of those. From the 90%, the entire meso cycle is calculated.

The difference between each micro cycle is the # of reps and %1RM used (or rather % of 90% of 1RM).

The 4th micro cycle is a deload cycle (as seen by the loading %)

Also of note is that on the 3rd set of each workout, you don't stop at the prescribed # of reps
but instead keep going to attempt a new "rep PR" at that weight. This is denoted below with +.

5x5pbl.jpg

dq6qfb.jpg

As seen from the schedule above, my training split will be Sun, Tue, Thur. On those days
I will perform the main lift as shown, rest about 5 minutes, and then begin a crossfit workout.
Examples of these crossfit workouts paired with the main lift are shown below. I will try to choose
the crossfit workout as randomnly as posssible but for the sake of an example, let's take this sunday:

- warm up with some back extensions and maybe get on the bike for a few minutes
- 2 or 3 warmup deadlift sets
- 3 sets by 5 reps as documented. On the last set i will go all out to get as many reps as i can.
- rest 5 minutes
- Load up bar with 50% of 1RM clean (that's probably something like 115lb)
- do 7 rounds of: 5 clapping pushups, 3 power cleans, 3 hang power cleans, 3 power cleans
- record time (next time i attempt this i will try to beat previous time)

55owg6.jpg

Diet:

Example training day:

Meal 1 PWO - 2 scoops Egg White Protein powder, 1 cup coconut milk
Meal 2 - 16 oz cubed sirloin cooked in coconut oil then mixed in chopped avacado and salsa
Meal 3 - Green smoothie (spinach, lime, couple of grapes to make it a bit sweet, 5 omega 3 eggs)
Meal 4 - 16 oz chicken cooked in olive oil with tomato sauce, onions, and peppers

Example rest day:

Meal 1 (skip, fast until 1PM)
Meal 2 - 16 oz cubed sirloin cooked in coconut oil then mixed in chopped avacado and salsa
Meal 3 - 16 oz chicken cooked in olive oil with tomato sauce, onions, and peppers
Meal 4 - 5 omega 3 eggs fried with bacon

Example refeed day:

Whatever i want, whenever i want it, until i'm stuffed

Standing Supplements (more will be added but these will stay the same):

15 grams of fish oil each day (always taken with a fatty meal)
1 multvitamin (always taken with a fatty meal)

in for sure bro!!! missed you man where have u been?

Trying to start a business and work a day job at the same time. Sucks!

I've only been gone for 2 months and your legs seem to have blown up. You're obviously doing something right.

It's good to be back.

Thanks guys. We'll see how the recovery goes with these crossfit workouts. I'll be depleting pretty quickly so my refeeds will have to be large (which is fine by me of course).

If needed, i will swap out a crossfit session with some more standard assistance work on any week where i feel some extra recovery is needed.

My log book will tell me if i need a break.

Top Bottom