Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Local Powerlifting Meets: Getting Involved

miked8c

Lately I have been really thinking about getting involved in power lifting. Meets will provide realistic deadlines for me to set goals, they will motivate me to reach certain numbers. I can see them being a huge facet of my training.

I just don't know how to find local power lifting meets. Its not exactly the most accessible sport.

I live just above Cape Cod and below Boston on the coast. How can I find local meets, I am 19 YO(don't know if my age is relevant).

Well I second the idea that competing at a meet would be inspirational. Sounds like it'd be a blast, gives you a ton of motivation, and as long as you don't do anything dumb and end up with a horrible injury, you'd find that it would give you a great base for bodybuilding later. (Ronnie Coleman and Arnold did pretty well.)

As far as how to find meets... hmm... I assume you've probably checked around on the net a little which would be the first option, and maybe your local gym could help you track one down. A lot of guys who post on this board are using powerlifting type routines I'm sure they'll eventually chime in. Unfortunately this board's a little slow compared to the anabolics board, I hope it doesn't stay that way.

i tried to set up something like this at my gym for charity but i got no backing from the owner/manager. people just aren't interested in it i suppose.. it would take a lot of time to organize and stuff and people just want to go to the gym and get it done so they can go back home

Just google powerlifting federations in your area, there will probably be several each with slightly different rules and joining fees. You could go and watch a few to see how they are run and which fed seems best.

Top Bottom