Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Listen to your body ?

messiboi19

Should you just listen to your body and take a rest when you’re feeling super exhausted? Or push through and get the workout done ?

Should you just listen to your body and take a rest when you’re feeling super exhausted? Or push through and get the workout done ?
You definitely need to deload occasionally to take strain off of your CNS, and to prevent injuries. You dont neccesarily need to take a week off of the gym, but taking a week to work light every once and a while can help you move forward.

If you feel tired and worn out then obviously yes. Eventually you are going to injure yourself if you just keep neglecting what your body is trying to tell you.

most guys unfortunately do not know when they need a break. only experience and really knowing your body is the way

a lot of people get tired cause they eat a big meal and get sleepy after.. when your body digests food it uses up a lot of its energy

in the end you need to be doing maintenance on your body, just like your car. i recommend bikram yoga once a week, it will decompress your discs/joints and help mobility/flexbility.

I don't deload as such and it's fast becoming a term people throw around without having first trained hard enough to make stuff happen. If I hit a high (an example would be benching 170kg at the mo if I did) I'd just change the exercise completely and cycle my strength up on that.

By way of example I was hitting the tricep pressdowns to 17 of the 20 stack plates x 8 reps. I switched last week to kick backs and skull crushers (so an isolation pre-exhausting a compound.

I always listen to my body. Usually after about 3 to 4 months of progressive overload and increases, my body is pretty beat up. I feel it, and the lifts really start to stagnate. That's when I take a week off. Come back rejuvenated which more times than not can turn into some big gains again, on top of feeling great

Top Bottom