Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting without eating a lot

xzibit

I've been wondering about this for a while. If I workout a lot and start getting really strong, I won't get as big as the guys who eat a lot of protein, right? I only eat like 3 - 4 times a day. I'll just get ripped right? but still be kinda strong? My friend told me I won't gain ANYTHING at all without protein. I think he's wrong, but not sure. I think I can gain muscle but just not get big. Am I right?

X,

(1)To get big, you have to eat big.

(2)Protein supplements can aide you if you're not eating enough protein to begin with.

(3)If you're not eating big and you're not using any supplementation to make up for the protein desparity in your diet, you're wasting your time lifting.

I will bump my thread entitled, "A little reminder to us all". Take a quick gander and there are a couple other fundamental ideas that I did also stress. Those "truths" have aided me in my personal ohysical development and will continue to do so until I decide that I have reached my peak. PS.....That will never happen. I can always learn and grow.

Hammer

PolishHammer1977 said:
X,

(1)To get big, you have to eat big.

(2)Protein supplements can aide you if you're not eating enough protein to begin with.

(3)If you're not eating big and you're not using any supplementation to make up for the protein desparity in your diet, you're wasting your time lifting.

I will bump my thread entitled, "A little reminder to us all". Take a quick gander and there are a couple other fundamental ideas that I did also stress. Those "truths" have aided me in my personal ohysical development and will continue to do so until I decide that I have reached my peak. PS.....That will never happen. I can always learn and grow.

Hammer

Gotta disagree with number 3. While lifting on a high protein diet yeilds the best results, lifting on a regular diet is anything but a waste of time.

I'm not a huge eater, yet I still grow. I honestly think some people on this board eat way too much. But everyone is different so whatever works for you...

-Ingram

gymtime said:

Gotta disagree with number 3. While lifting on a high protein diet yeilds the best results, lifting on a regular diet is anything but a waste of time.

I am completely missing your point.

What don't you understand?:confused:

PolishHammer1977 said:

I am completely missing your point.

What don't you understand?:confused:

Not sure how I can make this any clearer...let's see.

Try this:

If you don't eat big and don't use any supplements, you can still benefit from lifting weights.

How's that?

gymtime said:

Not sure how I can make this any clearer...let's see.

Try this:

If you don't eat big and don't use any supplements, you can still benefit from lifting weights.

How's that?

We are obviously not on the same page. I eat big and I supplement and I am strong. I am getting stronger everyday and I am excited about it.

Why am I getting stronger?

(1)I eat good and often.
(2)I rest my body.
(3)I do not overtrain.

"If you don't eat big and don't use any supplements, you can still benefit from lifting weights".

This is a "training" forum GYMTIME not a literal nonsense forum. What I say is the truth and those that adhere to it find exceptional results. Instead of arguing, think about what may happen if you, yourself made those alterations in YOUR diet. I think things could dratically change for the better.:D

PolishHammer1977 said:

We are obviously not on the same page. I eat big and I supplement and I am strong. I am getting stronger everyday and I am excited about it.

Why am I getting stronger?

(1)I eat good and often.
(2)I rest my body.
(3)I do not overtrain.

"If you don't eat big and don't use any supplements, you can still benefit from lifting weights".

This is a "training" forum GYMTIME not a literal nonsense forum. What I say is the truth and those that adhere to it find exceptional results. Instead of arguing, think about what may happen if you, yourself made those alterations in YOUR diet. I think things could dratically change for the better.:D

Where to begin.

First of all, you are making assumptions about my diet. You don't know dick about my diet, even if it were relevant to the point, which it isn't. There is NOTHING you can tell me about nutrition and excercise that I don't already know so I suggest you stay on topic.

You assert that lifting weights is a waste of time if you don't eat correctly. I assert that regular excercise is ALWAYS beneficial to ANYONE, regardless of skill level, no matter what your diet is.

Prove me wrong, or go away. :)

gymtime said:

Where to begin.

First of all, you are making assumptions about my diet. You don't know dick about my diet, even if it were relevant to the point, which it isn't. There is NOTHING you can tell me about nutrition and excercise that I don't already know so I suggest you stay on topic.

You assert that lifting weights is a waste of time if you don't eat correctly. I assert that regular excercise is ALWAYS beneficial to ANYONE, regardless of skill level, no matter what your diet is.

Prove me wrong, or go away. :)

I am not here to prove you wrong. I am here to post the fundamental truths needed for gaining the most in our quests personal fitness. To help people that are searching for answers.
I don't know about your diet. You are correct. You have however defended the opposite veiwpoint that I had posted about. I assumed your diet based on your statement in the thread.
The people that read my post will understand my writing based on their personal knowledge of fitness.
Yes, exercise can be beneficial and your point is valid. However, that was not the point and thi thread has turned into a personal debate between you and I. The thread has therefore been damaged and space has been wasted due to the fact that you do not know how to keep your fingers down.
Take your arguments elsewhere please. I am a professional and I am not here to make any haste towards anyone else. It sounds like you want to create an arguement. Not with me, not today, not anyday. I am trying help people and maybe even you. In turn, someday maybe you too can help me. We all need a hand sometime.

I :D

Top Bottom