Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting weights at a very young age risks

lucasjustice

Hi everyone do you think start lisfting weights at age 13 could stunt your growth like some people say? my step son is crazy about me getting him a set of free weight because he couldn't get a gym member ship for being too young, but he does push ups and all kind of exercises to get big lol, which I don't mind, I prefer that over him hanging out in streets smoking weed or something, I just want to make sure lifting weights won't affect him in any way, thank you.

there is evidence that weight training properly actually will increase growth, not stunt it

what stunts growth is breaking bones.

height boils down to genetics though. i remember all the guys on the weightlifting team were shorter so the bball players would give us shit, and we would give them all shit for being so fucking skinny

bottom line is if you are born tall and skinny you are destined to be a bball player, if you are born short and stocky you do well at weight training. it wasn't like people who played bball magically happened to grow tall lol. that is just the sport they excelled at.

anyone who tells you that weight training is somehow bad is a moron. it is a great way to build self esteem and healthy for a teenager.

Weight training is a great idea. It is important to learn how to lift properly though so you don't develop bad habits and poor form. Lifting weights is very healthy and will keep your metabolism fired up.

Weight training will not stunt growth. That is an old wives tales.

Weight training is actually one of the healthiest things you can do as a teenager.

What will stunt growth is stimulants. As a teenager, stay away from things like coffee, energy drinks, pre workouts etc.

It is definitely a great thing to start off at such a young age, and it will not pose any particular risks due to a young age - only the normal injuries one can get at any age. Therefore, it is very important to teach him the proper form, and everything will be fine.

I started with a coach when I was 12 actually, and he taught me all of the basics, which resulted both in growth, and in a lack of injuries. So as long as proper form is kept while training, the kid will only benefit.

Top Bottom