Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is lifting weights on a calorie deficit pointless when doing cardio to lose weight?

damac

Im just wondering cause Im going to make a run to shed as much fat as possible after a couple months off from a long run of dieting with cardio and weights. I never really gained bulk but trained hard and did my cardio at a calorie deficit and lost weight. In the last couple months I put on some weight faster than I took it off so I learned allot about how to eat and my body type, etc.

But when I startup again I want to do it the right way. So im gonna definately do cardio 6 days/week and make a daily calorie deficit from food. So do I just leave it at that and have most of my calories from protien and hope I don't lose much muscle? OR is their any way that lifting hard during this same time actually lowers the chance more that I'll lose muscle?

I don't want to stress my system out and don't understand if this would actually hurt my immune system, etc. with all the stresses.

thanks!

I think itll benefit you more if you do some weight training in the calorie deficit. One itll help maintain your muscle mass, you tend to lose what you dont use, and secondly itll help with burning more calories to accelerate weight loss. Im assuming you dont really want to get softer and lose more muscle while leaning out. Most want to retain as much muscle as possible while shedding fat.

While I dont have much experience in leaning out at all, I have experienced muscle loss whenever I didnt use the muscle. I would say to train just as hard and do what your body allows you to do. You will likely lose strength as a result of losing mass and being depleted. The intensity can remain the same though. It doesnt really benefit you to train less intense as that is another way muscle can be lost. Dont worry so much about hitting the same numbers on your lifts, but push the limit of what your body allows, is my suggestion.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Lifting weights while in a calorie deficit is VERY important. What put the muscle there in the first place, will keep it there.

Muscle is metabolically expensive. During a period of calorie restriction your body will sense a famine coming, it will burn both body fat and muscle tissue to meet energy demands unless you provide a stimulus to keep the muscle there (hard weight training).

Top Bottom