Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting twice a day

i mean if you were super young you could get away with it for a time but when you get older that won't work man.

when you lift weights you are breaking down the muscle, and for it to strengthen and grow more muscle tissue that magic happens when you are resting. when a cat goes hunting outside and catches a mouse, it eats it then comes inside and naps to recover from the hunt, then goes back again and kills again. that is how it works in nature so rest is just as important as your workout

Would lifting twice a day 5 days a week be too much strain on the body?

Maybe, maybe not. It depends so much on the individual and his/her work capacity.

If you've never done it before I'd suggest easing into it. Start off by taking 1 or 2 days a week where you have double session. Keep the workouts short and volume low. See how your body adapts and make proper adjustments accordingly.

Would lifting twice a day 5 days a week be too much strain on the body?
It depends on a lot of factors. Back in the day double splits were popular where people would do one muscle group in the morning and a different muscle group in the evening. With that said, that does not mean better. It's rare that anyone does that anymore. Volume and intensity play big roles in how frequent you can train. For the most part I would recommend sticking to one workout per day and no more than 5 days per week. Make sure your workouts count, and then the real magic happens when you are resting, eating, and recovering. You grow in the kitchen, and in bed....not in the gym.

Top Bottom