x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

lifting then eating then lifting

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about lifting then eating then lifting within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I lift for about an hour or hour and half then i eat then a half an hour later i finish my work out with another half an hour or hour work out. is this good. i do this cause its easier for me to fit six meals in a day if one is in the middle of my work out plus if i get worn out in the first hour i break and eat then finsh after.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

lifting then eating then lifting

I lift for about an hour or hour and half then i eat then a half an hour later i finish my work out with another half an hour or hour work out. is this good. i do this cause its easier for me to fit six meals in a day if one is in the middle of my work out plus if i get worn out in the first hour i break and eat then finsh after.

No.

Guru
    Terrible Idea!! Give yourself at least 2 hours to digest your food before you workout. Right after your workout, drink a protein/carb dring then eat a solid meal 1 and a half hours after that. Just train once, not multiple times.

ummm, for one you shouldn't be working out for 2 and a half hours a day...Talk about overtraining...Lets shave that down to about an hour...Then u can eat before and after u workout

Trass, it sounds like you really have the desire to grow and get big, but it sounds like your seriously overdoing your training. I'm not sure how long you have been lifting, but I think this is a very common mistake alot of beginners make. These guys are giving you some good advice. Try to make your workout more intense and limit it to about an hour.

Remember, you grow and get bigger outside the gym.

Good luck.

Muscle Pimp
    Originally posted by JDarty6173
    ummm, for one you shouldn't be working out for 2 and a half hours a day...Talk about overtraining...Lets shave that down to about an hour...Then u can eat before and after u workout
    Yes.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I depends on what you eat and what you lift.

You can have two short hard sessions with a small but fast acting easy digestible meal in between.

I like to trash a large musclegroup in 40 minutes, than immediately have a whey protein shake and some cereal cookies that have have a medium-high glycemic index.

After that I wait 30 minutes and finish with a small musclegroup, like biceps etc which will take me 25 minutes, i take yet another whey shake and cereals and than after 1 hour i have a serious large pasta/rice or potatoe meal

Key is to keep your workout sessions short and hard and the in between meals low in quantitie and high in quality.

Obviously you don't want to try heavy squating after just eating a large plate of pasta

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    When I do event training...it is a 4 hour marathon. I try to drink powerade while I train as well as eat a few bananas too...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

All Natural
    thanks for the replies. ive been lifting a year and a half. i just find it alot easier to fit in the six meals if one is in the middle of my workout. i dont always workout 2 hours just when i have the time i lift. its all i got right now. its addicting. plus its easy i just walk downstairs and i got all my weights down there. sometimes i dont feel like i really worked myself or pushed myself so i just keep lifting.

Good Broly
    ehhhh, I'd listen to these guys and mix it up a little.