Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting then eating then lifting

Trass

I lift for about an hour or hour and half then i eat then a half an hour later i finish my work out with another half an hour or hour work out. is this good. i do this cause its easier for me to fit six meals in a day if one is in the middle of my work out plus if i get worn out in the first hour i break and eat then finsh after.

Terrible Idea!! Give yourself at least 2 hours to digest your food before you workout. Right after your workout, drink a protein/carb dring then eat a solid meal 1 and a half hours after that. Just train once, not multiple times.

ummm, for one you shouldn't be working out for 2 and a half hours a day...Talk about overtraining...Lets shave that down to about an hour...Then u can eat before and after u workout

Trass, it sounds like you really have the desire to grow and get big, but it sounds like your seriously overdoing your training. I'm not sure how long you have been lifting, but I think this is a very common mistake alot of beginners make. These guys are giving you some good advice. Try to make your workout more intense and limit it to about an hour.

Remember, you grow and get bigger outside the gym.

Good luck.

JDarty6173 said:
ummm, for one you shouldn't be working out for 2 and a half hours a day...Talk about overtraining...Lets shave that down to about an hour...Then u can eat before and after u workout

Yes.

I depends on what you eat and what you lift.

You can have two short hard sessions with a small but fast acting easy digestible meal in between.

I like to trash a large musclegroup in 40 minutes, than immediately have a whey protein shake and some cereal cookies that have have a medium-high glycemic index.

After that I wait 30 minutes and finish with a small musclegroup, like biceps etc which will take me 25 minutes, i take yet another whey shake and cereals and than after 1 hour i have a serious large pasta/rice or potatoe meal

Key is to keep your workout sessions short and hard and the in between meals low in quantitie and high in quality.

Obviously you don't want to try heavy squating after just eating a large plate of pasta

When I do event training...it is a 4 hour marathon. I try to drink powerade while I train as well as eat a few bananas too...

B True

thanks for the replies. ive been lifting a year and a half. i just find it alot easier to fit in the six meals if one is in the middle of my workout. i dont always workout 2 hours just when i have the time i lift. its all i got right now. its addicting. plus its easy i just walk downstairs and i got all my weights down there. sometimes i dont feel like i really worked myself or pushed myself so i just keep lifting.

Top Bottom