Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting with straps

It basically takes away almost entirely the need to grip hard with your fingers. I occassionally use straps when doing a lot of deadlift repetition volume, bit generally I opt for double overhand on my lighter weights, hook grip for most other weights, and mixed grip when I'm trying for very heavy singles.

Last edited:
i do not advocate people use straps, gloves, wraps, belts, etc. i believe in lifting raw.

and i'm not impressed when some skinny kid deadlifts 4 plates when he uses all that shit.. part of deadlifting is building up your grip. so cheating with straps you are only setting yourself back

the dirty secret nobody wants you to know is that with deadlifts form IS EVERYTHING to get the benefits. so focus more on proper form and way less on how much you can do or what that douche in your gym can do

Helps with grip strength. I don't see an issue of using them if your grip is compromised. Just make sure you warm up as high as you can without them and use them only when you need them.

Helps with grip strength. I don't see an issue of using them if your grip is compromised. Just make sure you warm up as high as you can without them and use them only when you need them.

While true how often is that the case? Usually it's cos they have a fag ass weak grip.

While true how often is that the case? Usually it's cos they have a fag ass weak grip.

Yes which is why I said at least warming up as high as you can without them. That should strengthen the grip over time so that eventually you'll be able to handle even heavier weights without them.

Sometimes I have had crazy forearm pumps and that really fux with the grip on other exercises. I'll use hooks on db shrugs as I may not do too well gripping handles on back row, etc. I don't know if that applies to DL's where you would do them first in your session and your grip gets funky on later exercises unnecessarily...

Granted, I am indeed a bitch ass pussy cause I don't deadlift anymore...but I can imagine that straps/hooks could be useful for doing rack pulls from knees or above the knees where you may be trying to overload that part of the movement?

Top Bottom