x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Lifting with straps

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Lifting with straps within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Ive seen guys in the gym using straps to deadlift. Should I be doing that ? What does it help with ? Grips?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Lifting with straps

Ive seen guys in the gym using straps to deadlift. Should I be doing that ? What does it help with ? Grips?

Re: Lifting with straps

It basically takes away almost entirely the need to grip hard with your fingers. I occassionally use straps when doing a lot of deadlift repetition volume, bit generally I opt for double overhand on my lighter weights, hook grip for most other weights, and mixed grip when I'm trying for very heavy singles.
    Last edited by P0N; 22-Jun-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Quote posted by offswitch69 View Post
    Ive seen guys in the gym using straps to deadlift. Should I be doing that ? What does it help with ? Grips?
    If you do without them do so.

i do not advocate people use straps, gloves, wraps, belts, etc. i believe in lifting raw.

and i'm not impressed when some skinny kid deadlifts 4 plates when he uses all that shit.. part of deadlifting is building up your grip. so cheating with straps you are only setting yourself back

the dirty secret nobody wants you to know is that with deadlifts form IS EVERYTHING to get the benefits. so focus more on proper form and way less on how much you can do or what that douche in your gym can do
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Helps with grip strength. I don't see an issue of using them if your grip is compromised. Just make sure you warm up as high as you can without them and use them only when you need them.

Quote Quote posted by Fella Finn View Post
    Helps with grip strength. I don't see an issue of using them if your grip is compromised. Just make sure you warm up as high as you can without them and use them only when you need them.
    While true how often is that the case? Usually it's cos they have a fag ass weak grip.

Quote Quote posted by SteveMobsterG View Post
    While true how often is that the case? Usually it's cos they have a fag ass weak grip.
    Yes which is why I said at least warming up as high as you can without them. That should strengthen the grip over time so that eventually you'll be able to handle even heavier weights without them.

Yes it helps with grip... Some use chalk. It's up to you.

All Natural

Sometimes I have had crazy forearm pumps and that really fux with the grip on other exercises. I'll use hooks on db shrugs as I may not do too well gripping handles on back row, etc. I don't know if that applies to DL's where you would do them first in your session and your grip gets funky on later exercises unnecessarily...

Granted, I am indeed a bitch ass pussy cause I don't deadlift anymore...but I can imagine that straps/hooks could be useful for doing rack pulls from knees or above the knees where you may be trying to overload that part of the movement?