Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting Routine

italiano04

Can anyone who is pretty lean and lifts to add bulk n strength out there tell me their routine??? I'm just trying to get some ideas and maybe change things up in mine.. say whatever the hell u feel like haha

There are lots of good 'programs', but really, they are just an approach or setup to doing something very basic, getting good at big, compound lifts.....basically, what you want to do is increase your numbers in big lifts. Over a training cycle, you should shoot to up one pull, one squat, and one press. Keeping constants, like sets and reps, allows progress to be measured. The body responds to increased workload....squatting 315x5 one week, then 335x3 the next, then 365x1 the next to keep things 'fresh' is not progressive overload and it is not getting good at a big lift as the work you're doing actually decreases....doing 315x5 one week, then 320x5 the next, then 325x5 the next is making progress, and the increased loads on the body causes it to adapt by growing more muscle.

Following a template really should just be a temporary thing until you grasp training theory, at that point, you should know how to train and be able to look at a program not as something that says 'do this, do that', but you should be able to see the underlying theory and decide whether or not you think it will allow you to make progress, if you think it could be useful, then incorporate it into your specific goals.

An example of people not seeing the underlying theory is a question like "why 5x5? Can I do sets of 6?"....or if someone looks at a WSB template and sees a list of odd exercises with some partial movements and accomodating resistance, rather than an approach to address individual weak areas in order to increase capacity in compound lifts.

You just need something that fosters consistency and progress on big lifts with constants so that you can tell whether or not you are actually progressing.

As far as the pretty lean stuff, lol, sometimes I am pretty lean, sometimes I am pretty no-so lean, lol.....that depends on what you're putting in your mouth.

BiggT said:
There are lots of good 'programs', but really, they are just an approach or setup to doing something very basic, getting good at big, compound lifts.....basically, what you want to do is increase your numbers in big lifts. Over a training cycle, you should shoot to up one pull, one squat, and one press. Keeping constants, like sets and reps, allows progress to be measured. The body responds to increased workload....squatting 315x5 one week, then 335x3 the next, then 365x1 the next to keep things 'fresh' is not progressive overload and it is not getting good at a big lift as the work you're doing actually decreases....doing 315x5 one week, then 320x5 the next, then 325x5 the next is making progress, and the increased loads on the body causes it to adapt by growing more muscle.

Following a template really should just be a temporary thing until you grasp training theory, at that point, you should know how to train and be able to look at a program not as something that says 'do this, do that', but you should be able to see the underlying theory and decide whether or not you think it will allow you to make progress, if you think it could be useful, then incorporate it into your specific goals.

An example of people not seeing the underlying theory is a question like "why 5x5? Can I do sets of 6?"....or if someone looks at a WSB template and sees a list of odd exercises with some partial movements and accomodating resistance, rather than an approach to address individual weak areas in order to increase capacity in compound lifts.

You just need something that fosters consistency and progress on big lifts with constants so that you can tell whether or not you are actually progressing.

As far as the pretty lean stuff, lol, sometimes I am pretty lean, sometimes I am pretty no-so lean, lol.....that depends on what you're putting in your mouth.

Thanks this proved very helpful!!

Top Bottom