Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting heavy or light?

snails22

I understand that lifting alot of weight aka resistance will help in building muscle but if I am looking for a more defined look I would lift light weights for high repetitions right? Cause powerlifters never really look lean because they lift so much weight right? I would like to look vascular and cut so lifting light weight for high reps will get me that goal?

when you are training in a deficit as I do now you have no choice but to lift lighter and more reps

when you are training for strength you will go heavier and eat more food, so you can lift heavier and less reps.

this is my real life experience since I have done both in my life

I always recommend lifting in various different ways. That way you are hitting all the muscle fibers. Diet will be the key in how you look so train both light and heavy. For me personally, I do not train very heavy anymore because I do not want to risk injury. My shoulder already bugs me if I go too heavy.

It's good to lift both heavy and higher reputations to target your slow and fast twitch muscle fibers.

Especially endurance muscles like legs, shoulders and abs have a lot of slow twitch muscle fibers. They respond really well to high reps

Top Bottom