Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting and cardio

Jason_Garner

I was wondering if I should do cardio right after I finish my lifting routine or do weights in the am as usual and cardio at night before bed, some people say is better to do cardio before bed because it improves your sleep , and sleep is key when bulking, thank you for any advices.

Bro, I have changed my training schedule over time a lot to accommodate my job so many times that I can tell you, there is no one right formula. You have to experiment and find what works for you.

I can lift weights before bed and feel like I want to rest, but Cardio gets me wound up and I can't sleep too well. I like my cardio in the morning, AM on an empty stomach and with my supps in me... Weights at night... My new neighbor is another big duded and ripped, he likes cardio at night, it all depends man.

Doing cardio before bed will actually hinder sleep. Unless the cardio is very low impact like a stroll around the block.

Anytime you exercise you rev up your central nervous system and activate your body's fight or flight response.

I would do the cardio as far away from bed time as possible.

You can do cardio whenever you want really. I do mine right after training or first thing in the AM. I agree about not doing it right before bed though.

I would say that you should definitely not do cardio before weight training, as this will reduce your strength, and hence make your training less effective. However, you can do this after weight training, and it is not a problem. I guess that this could improve sleep because of improved oxygenation of the brain, because you breath so hard when running. But in the end of the day, it is all individual, so you got to try out the different schedules, and see what works best for you, and nobody else.

Top Bottom