Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting belts

JeetKuneDo

Do you find that lifting belts work? I read somewhere in an article that they are not worth wearing, ..... in Gymamerica.com i beleive. Anyway, wanted to know your guys thoughts, ..the argument went along the lines that it will support your back hence take the effort off it, hench less growth & your back is not as strong as it can b.....also that only a hugly thick leather one would work?

I think belts are not necessary , and people grossly overuse them.

By wearing it often you rob your body of developing its inner muscular weight belt.

Granted when you go really really heavy on certain exercises I think it may serve its purpose as a safety device, but too many people wear it as a crutch.

Good job Rob,

Careful, careful, I got my hernia from a 400 some odd pound deadlift, got a few reps out then...pop went the weasal.

Peace,
Mike

I THINK YOU SHOULD WERE A BELT ON VERY HEAVY SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS, A GOOD LEATHER BELT WILL KEEP THE LOWER ABDOMINAL MUSCLES IN. JUST MY .02 CENTS THOUGH...:cool:

I agree with Train Hard in using a belt for very heavy lifts. The problem I see is some guys wear belts for everything they do. That just weakens all the stabilizer muscles in your midsection.

Top Bottom