x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Lifting belts

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Lifting belts within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Do you find that lifting belts work? I read somewhere in an article that they are not worth wearing, ..... in Gymamerica.com i beleive. Anyway, wanted to know your guys thoughts, ..the argument went along the lines that it will support your back hence take the effort off it, hench less growth & your back is not as strong as it can b.....also that only a hugly thick leather one would work?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: Lifting belts

Good Broly

Question

Do you find that lifting belts work? I read somewhere in an article that they are not worth wearing, ..... in Gymamerica.com i beleive. Anyway, wanted to know your guys thoughts, ..the argument went along the lines that it will support your back hence take the effort off it, hench less growth & your back is not as strong as it can b.....also that only a hugly thick leather one would work?

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I think belts are not necessary , and people grossly overuse them.

By wearing it often you rob your body of developing its inner muscular weight belt.

Granted when you go really really heavy on certain exercises I think it may serve its purpose as a safety device, but too many people wear it as a crutch.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Good job Rob,

Careful, careful, I got my hernia from a 400 some odd pound deadlift, got a few reps out then...pop went the weasal.

Peace,
    Mike

Good Broly
    I THINK YOU SHOULD WERE A BELT ON VERY HEAVY SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS, A GOOD LEATHER BELT WILL KEEP THE LOWER ABDOMINAL MUSCLES IN. JUST MY .02 CENTS THOUGH...

Lift Or Die
    I agree with Train Hard in using a belt for very heavy lifts. The problem I see is some guys wear belts for everything they do. That just weakens all the stabilizer muscles in your midsection.